Sunday, February 03, 2008

Brent is ON THE MOVE! I can't leave the room for a second these days. It is so weird because I still think of him as a little tiny baby. I feel like we just brought him home from the hospital. :) I went to the bathroom the other day, came back out, and he had opened the cabinet under the sink and had pulled out bleach, trashbags, and resolve. I gasped (because I did not even know he could open cabinets) and he just looked up and me and gave me a huge smile- he was SO proud of himself. Childproofing-HERE WE COME!

Then, I had to take a quiz for a class. I needed 20 minutes to take it. I can't let him wander around the family room because it is one big open room with the kitchen and he gets into a lot of trouble in the kitchen. So, I gathered up the laptop, scooped up Brent and some toys, and settled down in the living room where there is really nothing for him to get into. He was happily playing on the floor with toys, so I started my quiz. A few minutes later I looked up, and he is over by the stairs. This is a big deal because in order to be by the stairs, he had to climb a step that goes from the living room up to the entry way. I had NO idea he could climb steps, but apparently he can. I guess it is time for gates to block off the stairs too. He sure is giving us a run for our money, but we love every second!

Another crazy thing happened last night. Josie got Brent a thing that straps on the crib and makes music and waterfall noises. We push it every time he goes to sleep, and has become his nap time and bed time ritual. It is almost like he knows when we lay him down and push the music, it's time for bed. He had been in bed for about an hour last night, and Scott and I were watching TV. All of a sudden on the monitor, we heard the MUSIC playing from his crib. We were like- "what the heck?!" I immediately panic because I thought there was no way he could reach that, so someone must be in his bedroom that pushed it.. (of course I have to over react and think the worst). Scott ran upstairs, and sure enough, Brent had pulled himself up and was pushing the button to make music come out. It is funny now because we have NO idea now if he is asleep or awake. Now that he can pull himself up and mess with stuff, he could be awake for a good hour when we think he is sleeping. Here are some pictures of him I got after church when he was SUPPOSED to be "napping".






Church is alot of work these days. Scott is Elders Quorum president so he can't take Brent the whole 2 hours. I am the secretary in Primary and am usually running around trying to find substitutes and fun stuff like that, and it's not easy to do while lugging around a 21 pounder. It's just a lot of work and it shouldn't be! I guess this is the way it will be when you have a mobile baby that's not of nursery age. A lot of HALL time! During Sunday School when I walk past the foyer, Scott is usually out there with Brent and about 6 other parents that have babies Brent's age. IT's like a mini-nursery. There is one little boy in particular who is 3 weeks older than Brent that always takes his binky. He will crawl right over, pull it out of Brent's mouth, and stick it in his. He is so fast, too. He does it all in a flash before you even have time to react. His mom is my Visiting Teaching companion, so I know at least once a month the binky hijacker is going to steal his binky. But Scott said today, Brent grabbed his and tried to take it! Go Brent! Give him a taste of his own medicine! Here are some pictures after Church of my cute man. As you can tell, he was not being very cooperative.







4 comments:

Lauren said...

Wait until he learns how to crawl out:) That one will really scare you.

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

i love his outfit! what a stylish baby!

Katie said...

i can't wait to see him in a few weeks, he is just too cute..

Bertie said...

Awww-- what a cute little stinker! :)