Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We made it back alive from Texas. That is the last time Mr. Brent will be traveling on a plane in a VERY long time... it was BRUTAL! He was actually an angel on the way, but the way back was just plain bad. He had a complete meltdown (which was expected because it was so late) but holy cow. I finally told Scott to just stand up with him, because Scott was sitting closest to the isle. Scott stood up and Brent threw his head back and hit the overhead compartment, and then just started screaming even louder. Not a fun time. But we're home. :)

Texas was fun. And hot. Really hot. The first night we got there, Katie took Brent straight out of his carseat and went inside. We all ended up in my parents bedroom sitting on their bed and it finally sunk in to Brent that he was sitting in the midst of strangers and he freaked out. He would have nothing to do with Katie, my Mom or Dad for the first 2 days. Then he warmed up to Katie and was borderline flirting with her the entire time. :) He slowly started to tolerate my mom and would let her hold him, but it wasn't until our last day there that he would actually willingly go to her. It made me sad- I wish we lived closer so he would know them. Maybe one day.

Rex and Brent had a bit of a rocky relationship. :) Rex loved Brent a little TOO much. Every time I turned my head, Rex was on the floor laying on top of him, hugging him, or trying to kiss him. I think Brent got sick of it after a while and at one point Rex wouldn't get off of him so Brent grabbed two fistfuls of Rex's hair and PULLED. They were so cute to watch though. And no joke, they were just about the same size and Brent is 10 1/2 months and Rex is almost TWO. Charlie was a cutie and is such a good baby. My parents yorkie, Zoe, was a basketcase all weekend with babies everywhere and I think she needs to be sedated with doggie prozac. The dog is nuts. Brent would just be crawling on the floor and she would jump off the couch and act like she was going to bite his legs. I posted a picture below if her perched on the couch watching the action from the little ones, just waiting to attack. She is nuts. Brent LOVED her though and every time she would bark he would crack up. I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few of the boys.









3 comments:

shannon said...

Aww, that must have been fun getting Brent together with Katie's boys. I am sooo glad you guys are home though!!

Bertie said...

How fun! All the cuz's together look so cute:) Just think of how much fun they are all going to have playing bloody knuckles someday!

Katie said...

i bet last night was the first night in a long time that zoe slept peacefully...