Friday, May 02, 2008

We've had a whirlwind of a week. We found out that there are some renters interested in the house, and they want to move in on May 24th. Which means we need to be out May 17th...which leaves us all of about 2 1/2 weeks. It is so overwhelming- I spend half of the day looking around at all of our STUFF. Fun times ahead. It seems that I always manage to be pregnant everytime we move. Convenient, huh? :)

Yesterday was Scott's birthday. We went to Claim Jumper- only the best restaurant in California- and it was so good. We tried to schedule him a massage yesterday but they were all booked! He is going to play golf with his brother tomorrow, and I think we are going to an air show so he can gawk at all the planes, so that makes me feel a little better. I feel bad that he didn't get to do anything too exciting yesterday, but that's what happens when you grow up, have a baby, and have a birthday in the middle of the week! I love you Scott!

Every morning I have been watching "Where in the World is Matt Lauer". I turn it on when I am feeding Brent breakfast and I literally get excited every morning to find out where he is going to be. This morning, I turned on the TV and FELL IN LOVE. He was in the Seychelles Islands. Holy cow, it is beautiful. I've never heard of the Seychelles before, but I would love to go there someday. The key word there is SOMEDAY.... I can dream, right?!

In other news I went to the doctor last week. She did the usual measuring of my tummy, but stopped and frowned afterwards. She then said "How big did you say your first baby was??" I told her 10 lbs 8 oz and she said "Well... you are all of a sudden measuring too big and I'm afraid you have a big little girl in there.." GREAT. Not like I was assuming she would be 7 pounds, but I was hoping for maybe NINE!! The midwife immediately goes into the C-Section talk and I burst into tears. Gotta love the hormones. For some reason lately I have been getting REALLY freaked out at the thought of a C-section. I know many people that have done it and have been just fine with it (Josie for one), but it just scares me. I started crying and told her I didn't want a C-Section and that I don't understand why they wouldn't induce me at 38 or 39 weeks. Brent was huge, but he was also almost 2 weeks LATE. If they would induce me a week or two EARLY, there is no way a girl would be bigger than 10.8lbs being born 3 weeks before Brent. Anyway, she looked at me and CAVED!! All it takes is some tears, apparently. She took a deep breath and said "Well, I normally don't do this, but I will check your cervix at 38 weeks and IF it is favorable we will induce you at 39 weeks." I kid you not, the heavens opened up and I think I heard angels singing. I know I can birth this kid, no problem, if I can do it 3 weeks before I did with Brent. I'm sure I will cough and she will come out! :) So I am so so excited. Scott still wants me to have a c-section, and the midwife also told me not to get my heart set on anything just yet and that I need to be flexible. But at least there is hope now! I did not measure big with brent until the END. I measured normal until 37 weeks. Now with this pregnancy, at 27 weeks I am already measuring big. So, the other day when Scott said I looked like I was 8 months pregnant, it apparently wasn't in his head. I have a big baby girl in there.

Here are some pictures of Brent from the past few weeks..





3 comments:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

too cute...sorry you have to move..don't do too much or stress out too bad!

Katie said...

move to texas already. california is for the crazies...yes, scottie, for the crazies! happy birthday scottie!

Mel said...

This is a little freaky: Stephen's brother Jordan's birthday was on Thursday, too. He got a massage in the morning. They went out to eat at Salt Grass Steak House. Then, golfing. Is that not CRAZY? Almost the EXACT same events.