My excuse for lack of blogging is the fact that the charger for our camera battery is somewhere in a box and I'm too lazy to look for it. I usually blog just to upload pictures of my cute little man, so without pictures I usually don't have a much to say!
Brent is still cute. That's about all I can say about him! He is starting to get picky about food and every day I never know what he is going to like. One day he will love what I give him, the next day he throws it off his tray onto the ground. He is walking like a pro and I am actually finding that he is starting to understand things I say. I ask him "Where's the doggie?" And he turns and scans the room until he sees his grandmas dog and then stares at her and smiles. I can also ask "Where is your binky?" He does the same thing, and will usually go find it and grab it. (He is wayyy too dependent on that thing- we are not going to have fun weening him from it.) If you ask him where Daddy or Mommy are, he just stares at you. Scott and I were commenting the other day that it is kinda disappointing that your 14 month old knows what the doggie and binky are, but not who his mom and Dad are. I'm sure he does know who we are, but maybe he hasn't put our names to faces yet? Who knows what he is thinking! We have gone to the pool with a girl from church and her kids several days this week and last. He hated it the first time we went in, but now he LOVES it! His favorite thing is jumping off the edge into me in the water. He thinks he is big stuff! He still has his crazy streak in him and screams ALL the time for who knows why. But we'll keep him.
Scott has been busy with work. His trips into Los Angeles aren't too fun these days- he called me this morning and gas was $4.59. Yikes. He drives all over southern california so it is hitting us hard in the wallet! Luckily I stay pretty close to home base so it makes up for it. Either way, it's ridiculous! He's been working more days at home lately so it has been spoiling me. I love it when he is here and we get to eat breakfast and lunch together. Today he had to go to LA and I get so bummed when he actually has to leave the house. He keeps reminding me that most people have to leave the house to work, so I should be lucky if he is here 3 days a week!
As for me, I'm still kickin. :) I am beyond large and am getting to the point where it is hard to roll over in bed. I'm sure all of you that have been pregnant remember those days... when I walk I feel like my pubic bone is going to snap in half and make so many trips to the bathroom that it is almost obscene. :) It's all part of the drill and I try not to complain too terribly much. As it gets hotter every day, I get a bit more miserable. I just keep reminding myself the end is near and after our baby girl is here I am taking a- OH- GOOD 3 YEAR BREAK from being pregnant!!!! I have been pretty good about still going to the gym. I get stared at and people always ask me how in the world I am still working out- the only thing I can say to them is "If you ONLY knew the quantity of food I am consuming you would understand why I am here..." Seriously. The other day Scott and I were eating breakfast and we had the exact same thing. He couldn't finish his and pushed his plate away and said "Ohh.. I am stuffed. Yuck. I almost feel sick." I look up slowly as I am polishing off the LAST bite of my breakfast and could only laugh because I HONESTLY couldn't even say that I was stuffed or full. Satisfied- but not full. Sad, I know. I need to knock it off. So my love affair with food during this pregnancy has been driving me to still go to the gym a few times a week, but I fear those days are coming to an end.
Anyway, enough rambling. Brent has decided that the best way to communicate with us these days is to let out a loud, high pitched, ear-piercing scream. It definitely gets our attention, that's all I can say. It gives me the chills. He's doing it now, so I better go.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i'm impressed that you still go to the gym!! way to go mama!
Hi Morgan-I thought you were going to say that after Scott couldn't finish eating breakfast you finished it for him...but...I was wrong. Hee hee. Breastfeeding has kept me eating like an elephant too so I can't wait to want to eat healthy again. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment