Brent's naps have been ALL over the place lately. Just when I think he is maybe ready to only take one nap, he takes two 2 hour naps. But the next day he will lay up in his crib "talking" forever and never go to sleep. The main problem I've had lately is that he takes out his binky and CHUCKS it across the room. So after hearing him complain for a while, I go up to check on him and play "find the binky". Sometimes he throws it so far it is across the room under his changing table, sometimes it is underneath his crib, sometimes behind the door. Man he's got a good arm! Other than the tossing binky problem, he also likes to put his legs through the slats of the crib and lounge. I usually find him laying with his feet up on the sides of the crib just chillin. Today, I caught him on camera- he was talking for ages, so I went to check on him and sure enough, not only had he thrown his binky, but his legs were up on the side of the crib. Excuse his messy room- it's one thing we haven't gotten to totally unpacking. He also does this weird thing with his blanket. He holds it up to his nose like he is "smelling" it. And if he doesn't have a blanket handy, he will do it with anything he can find. He will grab a sock and hold it up to his face and "smell", he also does it with stuffed animals, bibs, dish towels, and toilet paper. Whatever he can get his hands on, he cuddles with and holds to his face.
And here are some cute pictures of him finally settled in, ready to TRY to nap again..

4 comments:
Hey Morgan. It's Summer. Your house is gorgeous! I am super jealous. We are house hunting in Arizona right now! Brent is so cute!! I love reading about what is going on with you! How are you feeling?
i love his mouth wide open ready for you to put his binky in...
Brent is so flippin cute!! I just LOVE him!! The new house is nice too! Me and Emily are going to San Diego at the end of July through the 1st little bit of Aug. we need to come see you!
Oh, I love that video! Too cute. I miss him. I love the smelling facination. Where did he learn that from mom?
Post a Comment