My baby ticker is officially incorrect. I am avoiding the C-Section (hopefully) and my midwife agreed to induce me next Sunday the 27th! Only 11 more days! I go in at 10:00 pm to start the induction-why so late, I don't know.. Josie said my midwife must be a witch or something.. :)
Turns out the radiologist didn't feel the baby was as big as was originally thought. He said she was in the 65th percentile and the midwife and OBGYN both agreed that based on that size, it didn't warrant a C-Section. So instead they are inducing me 9 days before my due date, and she guaranteed me I won't have another 10 pounder. I am so relieved to avoid a C-Section and get to go home more quickly to see Brent. My parents aren't flying in until 6 days after I will have her, so hopefully I will be semi recovered when they come and will be able to enjoy the 2 weeks that I have with them here.
I think Scott is still really scared for a regular delivery because of how traumatizing Brent's birth was. He keeps saying that he doesn't want his little girls head to be misshaped due to the use of forceps. I keep telling him if I could push out Brent without forceps, then this little girl, born 19 days before her brother, would be just fine! At any rate, if forceps or a vacuum come into play I don't think Scott will ever forgive me... he wants me to have a C-Section to make sure the baby is safe and I don't go through another traumatic labor. I don't think we'll have a problem and I'm excited for the 27th to get here!
We had an interesting trip to the park today. My sister-in-law and all of our kiddos were going to head down to the beach in Oceanside this morning. It is only about 30 minutes away and we never go to the beach. We have some of the best beaches within a short drive yet we never go! So, I debated whether or not we should go and decided against it. I figured it wouldn't be too relaxing having to chase after Brent who would no doubt, try to take the plunge into the Pacific. :) I don't think there would be anything relaxing about a 15 month old, a mom who is about to give birth, a large open space, a large body of water, and no gates.. GOOD THING we decided against it. We went to the park instead that had sand underneath all of the playground equipment. Brent FREAKED out anytime his toes touched the sand. His cousin McKenzie did the same thing and other mothers were staring at shannon and I like we must keep our kids in cages all day. They acted like they had never touched sand and screamed constantly anytime they got near it. Talk about RELIEF- I can't imagine getting packed up to go to the beach, making the trip, hauling everything out and getting settled in only to have kids with a sand phobia. What a nightmare that would have been! We'll have to try again another day- next time with Scott along to help!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think all the doctors in California are witches.
Post a Comment