Tuesday, September 02, 2008

WARNING: ANOTHER PICTURE OVERLOAD!!

First of all, did anyone see the View this morning with New Kids on the Block? I did- AND LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT! And I know I am a total loser, but I'm not an ounce ashamed. I am LOVIN them!! Haha.

I am gonna post tons of stuff.. If I had time I would do this more than once a week, but I'm thinking for the next few months, once a week will have to do! My parents FINALLY got a new computer so I am excited that they will get to check out the kids more!

Life is insane. It really is. But, as insane as it is, little moments happen that make me stop and realize how fun it is. Every now and then Brent will do something so cute, or Sophie will grin at me (she just started doing that- I love it) and I realize how lucky we are to have these babies. Sophie is sleeping better- she eats at around 9 or 10 and sleeps until 3 or 4 and SOMETIMES will go right back to sleep after eating, then wakes up at 6:30ish. Sometimes the only way to get her to go back to sleep after eating is to put her in our bed, which I am not a fan of, but at 4:00 in the morning you get desperate and are willing to do just about anything! I don't know why she is not sleeping through the night, because she is a CHUB!! She is getting so chubby.. I love me some chubby babies. She still is pretty fussy and has to be held, but I think I am getting more patient or getting better at "blocking out" her fussy times, so it doesn't seem as bad.. On a completely random note- she is the GASSIEST baby I've ever seen in my life! Holy moly. This baby girl toots like a full grown man. No joke. She will pass gas and we will hear her in the other room- and every time Scott and I crack up (sorry..I guess you don't ever grow up!) She did it at church on Sunday, and it seriously sounds like it is something coming from an adult, so I felt like I was having to keep promising to the lady sitting next to me that it was Sophie- not me. I doubt she believed me... :) Fun times.

Brent is still not talking. I work with him every day and try and get him to say words, but it's not working! He makes the first sound of the word like "DA" for "doggie" or "PI" for "pig". For the life of me, I can't get him to say "baby". Every time I say "baby" he looks at me and repeats back "mama". I will say, "No Brent, say BABY". He looks at me dead in the eye and says "mama". It is so funny. Here he is on video repeating back "mama" when I say "baby". (maybe he is just a genius and has made the connection that baby goes with mama??? or maybe he is just confused...) :)



Sophie surprised me by rolling over the other day. I didn't have time to switch my camera to video mode, but caught some pictures of it. She was on the floor for tummy time, and just rolled on over! What a surprise. I don't think Brent rolled over until he was like a year old... :) just kidding. He did everything slower than all the other kids, though, so I was surprised at Sophie.






I have more videos to post, but I'll save it for another day! Here are some other pictures of the kids. Brent loves to kiss Sophie and if she is on the floor, he is usually somewhere in the close vicinity (which makes me SO nervous!)















3 comments:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

I loved the video, I want to see him!! He has gotten so big and so dang cute.
Sophie is amazing, rolling over already! I love her chubby cheeks, she reminds me alot of Brent, but ina dress.
You have some pretty stinkin (haha) cute kids! I want to see them so bad.

Katie said...

Sophie is so cute... i love the ones of brent kissing her. They need to be framed!!

Anonymous said...

Sophie is super cute! Good job you guys! She has the Hopkins mouth for sure!