Sweet picture, huh? I stumbled across this little ditty the other day. Cute, huh? I'm not sure who took this picture at our wedding, but they must have done some good persuading to convince him to pose with my bouquet!
Scott secretly reads my blog, and every now and then he will surprise me with a comment! :) He is such a good husband and Dad and I am so lucky. I feel like in the midst of the chaos with little kids and the business of life, I neglect to appreciate him like I should. He has never so much as raised his voice at me (well, except the time I put a headband on Brent- I thought he was gonna come unglued..), he pitches in around the house willingly, and is always ready to change a diaper. He loves me more than I feel like I deserve at times, and has never criticized a thing I do. He loves our babies something fierce and the sweetest moments I've shared with him were at the birth of both of our kids. Watching him hold Brent for the first time was one of my all time happiest memories, along with remembering how it felt with his hand in mine while I lay on the operating table, looking at each other with tear filled eyes as we heard the first scream of our baby girl.
We took a walk together tonight and I had the nerve to complain that he didn't want to walk as long as I did. He said "But we're here, and we're going for a walk- why isn't this good enough?" I replied with some selfish response like "Well, I want you to WANT to walk longer..." augh! I'm such a brat. After I decided to quit throwing my temper tantrum about something that didn't even matter, I realized how lucky I was. We walked over a hill and saw the sunset and wished we could cut down the hills so that we could see the sun set over the ocean. We had our two perfect babies who were blissfully riding in the stroller, loving that they were outside. It hit me in the midst of all of it that there was nowhere else I would have rather been at that moment.
I'm not sure why I am getting all sentimental and mushy. :) I just wish life didn't get in the way sometimes and I could always keep a perspective of gratitude. I have been so blessed. I am fortunate that I have a forgiving Heavenly Father, loved by a good husband, smiled at by healthy kids, and have a nice bed to lay my head on at night.
I hope all of you reading realize your good fortune.
2 comments:
Are you pregnant??????
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....Any man that puts up with us Hopkins' girls is a Saint, cuz we crazy! And to my Scott, we would of beaten her a long time ago!! You know she deserves it:)
Aww...so sweet Morgan! I love the picture too. Can he come to Texas and change a few diapers for his favorite sister in law??
Post a Comment