Last night Scott was brave enough to watch Sophie while I went to the movies with Shannon. Brent was asleep, I had Sophie fed and changed and thought it would be easy for him. I called after the movie was over and I heard a bit of an edge to his voice and he proceeded to tell me she screamed the entire 2 hours I was gone. He told me he tried the swing, feeding her, rocking her, walking with her, burping her, changing her, putting her in the sling and walking more with her, and even went so far as to strap her in her carseat and walk around the house with her (for some reason she falls asleep in her carseat when you walk..)- NOTHING worked.. I felt terrible, but it was nice to get out! Little Sophie is gonna have to work on that whole self-soothing thing.. poor girl.
It seems like all I blog about lately are my kids! I guess they are my world right now, so that's ok! Brent... my sweet Brent. He is starting to make me a little nervous, quite honestly. He has a hair fetish. No joke- the kid walks up to other kids and sniffs their hair. I don't know where in the world it came from.. it started when we noticed he always held blankets to his face, well his nose, actually, and would sniff. Then it branched out to stuffed animals, but mostly stuffed animals with hair, he would hold the hair of the animal to his nose- AND SNIFF. Every time I hold him, he thinks it's hysterical to put his face in my hair and inhale. Today during Sacrament, he literally took his hand and turned my head so that my hair was in front of his face and he just buried his head in my hair. I kept turning my head back so that I could look forward and listen to the speaker, and he immediately turned my head back sideways so that he could sniff my hair. Odd, I know. THEN, I took him to nursery (he officially goes to nursery in a few weeks so we are getting his feet wet), and he proceeds to go up to all of the little girls and stand right smack dab behind them with his face buried in their hair.... oh my. All the other kids were playing with toys, and my kid is the one sniffing every one Else's hair. I finally saw him headed over to the rocking horse and thought- ok..he is going to play with it. Negative. What does he do? SNIFFS THE HAIR ON THE MANE OF THE HORSE!!!!! Can we say WEIRD?! Yikes. Hopefully this little hair fetish will simmer down a bit or he won't be the most popular kid come elementary school when he is sniffing the hair of the child sitting in front of him...
Aunt Shannon has the best camera and took some cute pictures of Brent playing this weekend. Nevermind the fact he is still wearing his pajama top, has a filthy face, and looks like an orphan- that is how he looks on a typical Saturday morning at our house!




2 comments:
Avery takes her shoes off and sniffs them and says "UCKY"!! I would rather her sniff hair than her stinky shoes!
What a good hubby you have, he needs to teach mine a few things:)
At least he doesn't have his finger in his nose constantly.
Post a Comment