Monday, October 27, 2008

PROP 8

So things are getting a little crazy in California! This whole Prop 8 thing is drawing to an end, and I hope it passes, although I am starting to worry it won't. The members in our stake are out all the time, waving signs on street corners, knocking on doors, making phone calls- you name it. They handed out signs at stake conference for everyone to put in their yards. I was worried someone would steal it (my mother in laws got stolen) but luckily half our street is in our ward, (no joke) so we've been OK!



It is interesting because people feel VERY strongly about this proposition. There aren't too many "lukewarm" people. The people that actually care are either VERY strongly for Prop 8, or very strongly against it. It will affect many things here in So. Cal. This isn't a proposition against gay people, like so many think it is. It is simply defending the definition of marriage. I have been asked "Well, what if you are a member of the church and don't agree with it?" Well, my only response to that is, that I don't know many members that would NOT agree with it. Families are part of the foundation of our church. Marriage is between ONE man and ONE woman. I don't want to send Brent to school down the road and have him taught otherwise. Anyway, there are people that read this that aren't LDS and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This is just mine! I will keep holding out hope that it passes- enough said. All the craziness aside, all the contention politically gives me a little of the warm fuzzies. :) How blessed we are to live in a country where people CAN argue and have different views. Some people get thrown in jail for having an opinion. We are lucky we are allowed to voice ours.

Moving on, so we went to Sea World again on Saturday. I took Brent on the spinning tea cups, and he practically BLEW A GASKET. The lady even came over and said "Does he want to get off?" I blew her off and said "Oh no. He loves it. I promise. Once it gets going, he'll have fun." So the ride started, but his screaming didn't. He screamed bloody murder during the entire ride and people were looking at me like I was a child abuser, making my toddler ride a crazy spinning ride. Last time he LOVED IT! I swear! All I could do was laugh and ignore the stares as I carried my screaming baby off the ride. :)

Here is a picture of my wild monkey. (Yes, he was getting his diaper changed by Scott- I spared you the details of the picture. I figured a head shot would suffice). Check out the mouthful of teeth he has! It seems like they all came in at once in the past 2 months.





And here is my baby girl. She is getting so big! She was 3 months old yesterday. I risked waking her up to get a picture of her napping in her crib like a big girl.



Here are the letters for Brents room that my mom did while she was here, I never posted those! They turned our really cute. She ended up doing the letters in camo- it looks perfect in his room!

3 comments:

Katie said...

you need to add love bug to your song list so i can jam to that every morning... that made me laugh about the tea cup ride with brent screaming.

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

I don't blame him, just looking at the tea cup ride makes me want to hurl!
The Brent letters turned out really good!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

since you are taking requests..can you please add chris brown's forever and beyonce's one of the boys and taylor swifts white horse...thanks:)