Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble..

Happy Thanksgiving! I am sitting here, at 10:00 at the end of a long day, thinking about how much I have to be thankful for. Here are my top 10:

1) The gospel of Jesus Christ. The older I get the more I appreciate it. I wish I appreciated it more when I was younger, but that is how our testimonies are formed, right? Everything is a continual progression, and I honestly feel that every year that goes by, my testimony grows a little more solid. I'm thankful that I know there is a meaning to this crazy life we live in.

2) Scott. I don't deserve him. Everyone who knows us well knows this. :) My own mother loves him more than me... I read many blogs where women talk about their perfect husbands and their perfect marriages. I'm not about to say that. Our relationship is a typical one with its ups and downs, smiles and frowns. We know how to push each others buttons and I'm always down for a good argument. But at the end of the day, he thinks I'm perfect, and ACTUALLY tells me that. (For real, he does). I love him for the fact that he loves me back- even when I'm a jerk. And I am. Frequently.

3) My babies! I don't think I can explain how I feel about them. It's greater than words. But I'm thankful that they are slowly teaching me how to be unselfish and patient. Qualities that I'm slowly trying to develop thanks to their cute little selves. I love their innocence and CUTENESS! Even though Brent can come pretty close to making me lose my mind..

4) My other family. My parents are pretty much the coolest people ever. I'm thankful for my sisters who are 2 of my best friends. I talk to both of them about 3 times a day- they love me unconditionally and understand and support me in ways that other people can't. There are some things that only sisters can understand... and my brothers are great. Ty is the wise one and it seems like the majority of the time I call him, it's for advice. I guess they didn't give him a PhD for nothing. :) And Daniel is the best for laughs. Every time I talk to him, I hang up with a smile on my face. I'm thankful for Scott's family. They have accepted me as one of them and Shannon feels like she is my blood sister, and not one by marriage.

5) Good health- for myself and my family. I am a complete hypochondriac and am paranoid that something bad is going to happen to my loved ones. I'm thankful that to date, I remain a hypochondriac and none of my crazy fears have come to fruition.

6) Diet Coke
7) Good Food
8) Music
9) Vehicles
10) My piano

I didn't feel the need to elaborate on #'s 6-10. They are pretty self-explanatory. And, this is taking entirely too much time.. I had to cut it short. :)

In other news, yesterday Sophie turned 4 months old, which meant she experienced the rite of passage called- RICE CEREAL! She acted like she came out of the womb sucking down rice cereal. No problems whatsoever.. although towards the end, she started getting ticked off. I realized I need to feed her first, and then top her off with rice cereal. Otherwise, she has no patience to sit and fool around with a spoon when she is starving. Today she did much better!











1 comment:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

What a great list! You are so blessed! Love the pics of Sophie, she is changing more and more each day. I can't believe she is already 4 months old.