The quilt that the kids are sitting on is so pretty. After I had Sophie in July, my Mom surprised me with it. Right before I got married, Josie (the hottest friend I have/former roomate) was visiting in Kerrville and gave my mom a bag of fabric scraps because she knew my Mom could make something with them. This was about 4 years ago and I never gave those scraps another thought. So, when my mom came to help with Sophie, she pulled this beautiful quilt out of her suitcase and said "This is your Josie quilt." I stared at her and thought- what the heck is she talking about??? She reminded me of the scraps, and I immediately remembered! To make a long story short, it really is such a pretty quilt and is special to me for many reasons. I love that Josie saw potential in the thrown away scraps of material she rescued, and that my mom in turn made something beautiful of them!
The past few days I've been teetering on the edge of insantity.. :) Brent whines all day long and he doesn't talk yet, so I have NO idea what he wants. It usually has something to do with his blanket (which he has become obsessed with), his binky, (which I hide from him- except at bedtime), his constant need of fruit snacks, (I swore I would never be the parent that gave fruit snacks and now look at me), or he wants to watch Oprah. That's right. Oprah. I'm not even going to try and explain that one- it's a long story, but he loves a certain episode of Oprah that we have kept on the DVR for OVER A YEAR NOW... it was on in November of 2007. He was only 7 months old when it aired, and Rascal Flats were guests. They sang a song that I loved, so for a few days I would watch the performance. Well, his little 7 month old self fell in love and since November of last year, we have watched this Oprah episode at least once a day. Sometimes up to 5 times a day. It is THE ONLY thing that will calm him down when he is having a meltdown. Scott and I have laughed and laughed, have scratched our heads and racked our brains trying to explain his strange fascination with it, only to not question it and just go with it. It is now to the point where he will BRING ME the remote and start grunting and looking at the TV. If I put on a cartoon or anything other than Oprah, he wigs out. He continues to freak out until I put on the old recorded Oprah episode, then he immediately sits down and will watch the ENTIRE hour episode, commercials included. Anyway, so back to his whining. He is just at a trying age, I suppose, and I am trying to be patient. But I REALLY want him to start talking so I don't have to guess what he wants all the time! He currently says:
No
Yucky
Doggie
Baby
Mama
Dad
Bye
All Gone
Shoe
More
Poop (nice, I know)
And that's about it! He tries to say alot, but nothing recognizable yet other than the above words. Good thing he is so stinkin CUTE. It makes all the whining bearable!
As for Sophie, she is rockin and rollin all over the place. She is now 4 months old and she rolls from front to back and from back to front effortlessly! Brent didn't roll over for a LONNNG time, and she can get from one side of the room to the other. So much for leaving her on our bed to take naps! She is our little steamroller! She has been sleeping through the night for a while now, but the past few nights she thought sleeping through the night was lame and has decided she wants to be a party animal and wake the house up at 3:45 a.m. I am the first to admit, I am an unfit mother at 3:45 a.m... so hopefully for everyones sake, this ends soon! :) Luckily Scott is so helpful and as I was standing in a fog bouncing her at 4:30 in the morning, he took her from me and I got to go back to sleep.
Sleep... what am I doing blogging. I'm going to SLEEP!
Don't expect another post anytime soon... with Brent as demanding as he's been lately and Sophie rolling all over the entire house, I can't take my eyes off those 2 for a second..which means no time for the blog! Unless I give up precious sleep time like I'm doing tonight at the demands of my sister. :)
Adios.
5 comments:
Thanks Moggie! I don't know what sleep is either..reason I am up reading your blog.. Miss Demanding D!
Cute pics!
I'm sure poop is the first word you tried to teach him...
Aw, I love the quilt! Your mom is so neat. And I love the pictures! Your kids are beautiful.
And I was definitely your hottest roommate. Jessica and Katie are dogs.
Nice Christmas pictures. Speaking of that, I've decided to follow your advice and attempt to do another 12 days of Christmas on my blog...if I can get it together...by tomorrow! Stay tuned!
Post a Comment