Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snow flakes and Sunshine

Friday Sophie and I made a quick trip to Utah. Soph screamed the entire way and to make a long story short, when I had a layover in Denver, I called Scott in tears. It was bad. REALLY bad. But we presevered and I'm glad we went. It was so much fun and SO nice to see all of the family members that I got to see. The snow was GORGEOUS and Katie and I had a good old fashioned snow ball fight. It ended up going beyond a snow ball fight and ended up being a full on brawl, complete with us body slamming each other face first into the snow. I loved every second of it! I got to meet a new niece and play with all of my other nieces. I was sad to leave but excited to get back to Scott and Brent. I'm so grateful to Scott for letting me go and enduring Brent for the weekend ALONE. :)

The trip home was a bit better. However, mid air en route to Denver, I put my hand on Sophie and realized she was soaked. And she wasn't soaked with pee. That's right. She had a full on blow out. There was poop on my jeans, on my hand, all over her, and I almost started hyperventilating. Go figure she NEVER does that at home, but decided to do it when we were above the clouds... My mom came to the rescue. Fortunately my parents and myself all had a layover in Denver at the same time! She met me at my gate and helped me get cleaned up, clean up Sophie, and calm down. Fun times.. BUT- memories were made, and that's what counts, right?!

So I left the snow in Utah to be greeted by a heat wave in So. Cal in the dead of winter. It was 80 degrees today. No joke. Brent was running around in the backyard in shorts and a short sleeved shirt. Talk about going from one extreme to the other.. Here are some pictures of Brent. Blurry, huh? That's all I see of him these days. He is constantly going going going..running from here to there. I couldn't even get him to hold still for a picture. It seems fitting that all the pictures are a blur. :) And our little pooper blower-outer, Miss Sophie. Isn't she sweet? I think so. Poop and all!










2 comments:

Katie said...

i totally took you down to china town in our snowball fight...

Susan said...

aww her little onsie fits! Too cute. And Agreed, your kids are getting cuter by the day!