



2 Dozen of these beauties were delivered to me today, with some chocolates. I am ashamed to say I ate almost all of the chocolates (there were only 6 of them- don't sue me!). Scott asked if I could spare a rose for Sophie. Of course I could. :)
We had the best day. Seriously. It was so nice. I made Scott breakfast in bed. But there was a catch. I didn't plan it right. I told him to sleep in and I ran downstairs to get Sophie up and fed at 7:00. I played with her and before I knew it, it was 8:00. I go to a class at the gym every Saturday morning at 8:30, but it is so popular, that if you don't get there at 8:15, you won't get a spot, which means I have to be out the door at 8:10.
I made him some blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, and hot chocolate, put it on a tray, and opened our bedroom door. I've never seen him sit up so fast in my life. He was really excited. But as I plopped the tray on his lap, I said "Um, I need to leave in 5 minutes to get to my class at the gym on time. Eat fast." And then I turned around and left. Oops. He had to eat fast, but at least he got breakfast!
We all went out to lunch as a family later in the afternoon and Brent was an ANGEL. He sat and colored for a while, then ate lunch (a fiber one bar and applesauce- that's right- he won't eat pizza or grilled cheese or any typical "kid" food- he prefers fiber one bars, fruit, and yogurt...I guess he is watching his figure??) and we didn't hear a PEEP out of him. Sophie sat in her carseat and watched us like an angel, too. Scott and I were so excited that they were good. We NEVER go out with Brent because he is a ticking time bomb. Afterwards we went and walked around the mall. We didn't do anything special, but for once the kids were happy and all was well and it was NICE.
We topped the evening off by getting a new vaccuum, which makes me REALLY happy. Roses, chocolate, happy babies, sweet husband, and new vaccuum = HAPPY ME.
Hope you all had a good day too and felt the love. :) Happy Valentines Day!
1 comment:
yay, a new vaccuum? that would totally make me happy too... tell scottie that i am mad at him because i didn't get any chocolates from him for valentine's day.
Post a Comment