Wednesday, March 11, 2009

They try to make me go to rehab..I say no, no, no..




See the example I have set for my son?? (This was taken a few months ago) He is trying desperately to get a drop out of an empty Cherry Coke Zero can.. which brings me to my point.

So today marks day one of my Diet Coke detox. I am quitting the filthy habit once and for all. :) I don't judge you, all you caffeine lovers out there. But for me, caffeine is not doing me any favors. My skin has been breaking out lately. The culprit? I'm convinced it's lack of WATER. I have horrible headaches ALMOST every day. The culprit? I'm convinced it's again, not enough water. The only water I really drink is at the gym, which really doesn't count because I'm replacing the gazillion buckets of sweat my body is getting rid of. And when I get a bad headache, guess what is the only thing that works? Exedrine. Which has what? You got it- CAFFEINE!! It's a vicious cycle and it's got to stop. I was even known to drink a diet coke or two while nursing (go ahead and call Child Protective Services on me), and one about every other day while pregnant (have you called CPS yet?) so I have never fully kicked the habit. My OBGYN assured me that you could safely drink two cups of Coffee a day while pregnant, so told me a diet coke every once in a while was no big deal. In retrospect I should have stopped altogether while pregnant, but what can ya do! My kids are healthy, diet coke and all.

But for now, I am resolving to stop the madness and drink more water.

Yuck.

4 comments:

Josie said...

I'll be honest with you...I'm not sure you're going to be able to do this. Real Diet Coke drinkers stay Diet Coke drinkers for life. Also, I'm a little worried that you're going to be a completely different person if you stop drinking the Diet Coke. I have a suspicion that all that caffeine in your body is part of what makes you so much fun. I'm not sure I'm even going to want to be friends with you anymore.

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Good luck Morg!

Lauren said...

Try Crystal Light..it makes water taste good!

Susan said...

I know the feeling! Last April I decided to quit my Coke drinking and have kept strong! I'm trying to set a record for myself. So it's doable....Keep strong!