
Brent turned 2 on Saturday! I can't believe he's been around for two whole years! The picture above is the day we left the hospital to bring him home. I think I could barely stand up straight and was still quite drugged and swollen. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking at the time, but I do remember as soon as I crawled in the backseat next to him 2 minutes after this picture was taken, I burst into tears, completely overwhelmed with love for this little boy. I didn't shed a tear after he was born in the delivery room (I was in shock from the delivery), and all the emotion hit me as soon as I got in that backseat next to him. We only lived about 3 miles from the hospital, but I think it felt like the longest car ride I'd ever taken.
He has got us wrapped around his little finger and we are STILL so smitten with him. He has got more quirks than I can write about and keeps us on our toes, but we wouldn't trade him for the world!
We had just a little family party for him on Friday night. He is OBSESSED with Mickey Mouse so got hooked up with some Mickey Mouse loot! I swore I would never dress my kids in disney character clothes, but it's like the saying "I was such a good Mom before I had kids"... you can say you are going to do something all you want until you have a little 2 year old IN LOVE with Mickey Mouse and you are willing to dress him in head to toe mickey if it would make him happy! :) He wouldn't even taste his cake, which is typical, because he is refusing to eat much of anything these days.
On Saturday Scott and I took him to the Discovery Science Center in Orange County. Big fat waste of money! WE LOVED it (Scott and I) but Brent wasn't a fan. :) We'll have to take him back when he is a little older and will appreciate it more!
Monday was a busy day. His teacher came Monday morning (this is part of the speech therapy process) and we left right after that to go to the doctor. His pediatrician and I had a "Come to Jesus" meeting and Dr. Lui basically told me I need to stop worrying about everything! Anyway, it was a good visit and he told me I worry too much, that Brent is a completely normal, smart 2 year old and all of his "quirks" that I stress about are completely normal behavior. He weighed 29 pounds and was about 35 inches long- 70% for weight and 85% for height. Dr. Lui said "His Daddy must be pretty tall, huh?!" Instead of going into it with him, I said "Yeah", when in my head I was thinking "Umm..no. It must be from his uncles and grandpa chuck!"
As for me, I have been completely stressed out lately. The list would be too long to list the reasons why. I need a VACATION! A REAL vacation! :) Scott and I were looking around on travelocity.com the other day and dreaming about cruises and trips to Hawaii... until we remembered we had 2 screaming kids downstairs and a measly savings account and POOF the dream ended. It's nice to dream, right?!
4 comments:
happy birthday brent! you are so cute...
Aw, Happy Birthday, Brent!! Give him a big kiss from us.
Why don't you take a vacation here in Houston. I know where you guys can stay. We'll recreate your honeymoon and build you a casita in our backyard. No, really. We miss you and we need to see you.
Happy birthday brent! I can't believe that our kids are getting to be so old. And don't worry, my pediatrician said that kids this age would eat raisins (or anything else for that) for 5 days strait and it would be normal. So you're doing fine.
A vacation does sound REALLY nice right now...and if only I could see my husband one full day I would take one. He's been working with Larry so much lately. We really need a vacation, but it seems as though all of the vacation time we take is visiting family...which is nice, but I need a break!!!
Fun to see pics from the science museum...if Brent likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, he would probably LOVE the Disney Playhouse Show at California Adventure...both Ryan and Megan were so entertained.
Post a Comment