We had such a good time and it made me realize going out is overrated. I think it has been our most memorable anniversary to date and it was free!
So last night, Scott's Mom came over so that we could actually go out on a date. I had finals this past week and last night I was just exahusted. Between reading text books, unpacking boxes, and chasing after kids all day, I didn't know if I was going to make it. His mom showed up around 8:30 and we were going to go see Star Trek at 9:00. We were walking to the car and I told Scott "I don't think I can keep my eyes open.." I felt so bad because he had been SO looking forward to it. But if you know Scott, he will pretty much do anything to make me happy (I try not to take advantage of it..haha), so we busted a U-turn, went and shared desert at Red Robin (that's garaunteed to keep me awake), and went and walked around Target with no kids! I looked at Scott thinking "What have we become? Going on a date to Target to buy diapers?! Who-hoo!".
I've had a good few days with my husband and we had a wonderful anniversary. I know I say this all the time, but it is probably one of the best compliments you could give someone. Scott is just SO genuinely GOOD. He is NICE down to his core. He loves me in word and DEED. He works his butt off so that I can stay home with our babies (even though I complain about it sometimes!). He is EQUALLY as OBSESSED with our kids as I am and we sit and "oooh and ahhh" over our creations all the time (sometimes it's more of a "AUGHG and AHHHH" than "ooh and ahh")- We have the same sense of humor and we can sit and watch the same Saturday Night Live skit over and over, and laugh until our sides hurt. (Anyone see the Lawrence Welk skit??) I made a good choice when I married him, that I know for sure.
I know he reads this and I'm sure he is smiling. I love you! Happy BELATED 4 yrs. :)
My new picture on the blog is temporary. I realized we don't have any recent family pictures of all 4 of us. The most recent one was Sophie's blessing. My goal this summer is to get professional family pictures taken. The only road block to that goal is this guy:
He's not too hip with the camera lately. I'm not a fan of throwing twenty dollar bills down the toilet, which is exactly what I'd be doing if I tried paying for pictures anytime soon. We'll give it a go in a few months and hopefully he'll cooperate!
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary!
scott is definitely a good catch... happy anniversary!
Post a Comment