Wednesday, May 20, 2009
On the move
Sophie is on the go! She still doesn't crawl on all 4's, but she has her own way of working things out. She gets where she needs to be, and that's all that matters! She is pulling herself up on EVERYTHING so I am constantly a nervous wreck (what else is new). She is so proud of herself when she pulls herself up and looks over at Scott and I, beaming ear to ear. She's a sweet girl.
We are moving all of our stuff on Friday. We have been taking over small loads to the new house all throughout the week, so moving doesn't seem to be as bad this time around. Brent loves the new house and runs around like a mad man everytime we are over there. He has, however, already managed to tear the screen door off the track from the back sliding door. Can we say destructive???
I am feeling really guilty lately (but again, what else is new) about Brent. Why am I feeling guilty? Because I am going to be totally honest and admit that he is driving me crazy! :) I love him, but seriously. He is going to drive me to the looney bin before he is 3.
He has SUCH a strong personality and is really really difficult to handle these days. I know the major issue is communication and once his speech gets better, things will get easier. Yesterday by the time Scott got home from work at 6:30, Brent was literally rolling around on the floor screaming. I tried the loving route- I went over and tried to hold him and hug him and ask him what was the matter- he swatted at me and screamed even louder. I tried being firm and told him to knock it off, his behavior wasn't acceptable. Didn't work. Then, I tried ignoring him. I left the room but he decided to follow me and scream even louder. I finally resorted to putting him in his room to work it out. I'm not quite sure what went on in his room, but I could hear things hitting the wall and him thrashing about. Man alive. Anyway, by the time Scott got home I was ready to throw my hands in the air. I was on the verge of:
A) dropping him off at a firestation (but I think that only works for newborns), or
B) giving up altogether and resigning to the fact that he is going to act like a wild animal for the rest of his life.
This is the HARDEST work I've ever done. I see other mothers with their well behaved 2 yr olds and think "What have we done wrong?! All we've done is adore him and love him. Why does my kid act like a caged animal and their kids are sitting peacefully at story time like angels??" (They do story time at his tiny tot gymnastics class and he is the only one screaming and throwing a fit during the story- I just love getting the stink eye from other mothers!)
I need to not compare him to other kids and remember that Heavenly Father gave him to us because APPARENTLY he thinks we can handle him. Hmmmm. We'll keep trudging along with the hopes he grows out of his constant melt downs soon! The only thing getting me through these days is his dang cute face. He's lucky he's cute.
My mom is coming out this summer. I'm REALLY looking forward to it. We're gonna tag team Brent... she's like the baby whisperer. Or Super Nanny. But better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
look at sophie go!
those splits are amazing...she looks like a little inch warm...and you are doing a great job, don't let it get you down!
Yes, don't worry, Aubry tells everyone that I'm not a very soft spoken mother. So it's ok by me to get a little rough and loud sometimes.
I guess men don't understand that your tantrum of a 2 year old has been going on all day and by the time they get home you're usually on your last straw so you're not the kindest of moms. You're doing great! Go mom!
Post a Comment