Thursday, June 11, 2009

Zoo

So one of my bestest friends, possibly the smartest person I know, old roomate, witch doctor (she claims she is in medical school, but I like to think she is a witch doctor), Jessica- came to visit California. Lucky for me her sister Heather lives in LA, so I got to capitalize on their visit! We met at the zoo on Saturday in San Diego.

I didn't take my camera, so I stole these from Heather. I got to meet baby Jackson and he is SOO cute. He has a naughty look to him. He is the type of baby that has no chance to NOT be a genius- he is already smart and you can see it through his eyes. He looks like he is scheming all the time. I loved him. And Jess got to meet little Sophie for the first time.





Brent didn't get to come to the zoo-

For the past 2 years that I've been a Mother, I have known that my time would come where I would walk in to get Brent out of his crib, only to find him laying in a pool of his own liquid- whatever that liquid may be. To this point we have avoided it. He has NEVER thrown up. NEVER had the runs (sorry- that sounded better than the D word). We knew we could only avoid this for so long and our turn to deal with this was looming.

Saturday was the day. I opened his bedroom door and the stench hit me like a rock. I was SCARED to walk any closer to his crib because I didn't want to see what was waiting for me. So what did I do? Yelled for Scott. :)

Ok, so I did yell for Scott but decided to man up and go see what he was laying in. Sure enough, a pool of liquid that we still don't know the source of- it could have come out of either end- the mouth or bum. It was HORRIBLE. I was gagging trying to strip him down and stick him in the bathtub. He was crying the entire time and wasn't a fan of being put in the bathtub at 7:30 in the morning. It was not fun. SO. I'm asking mother nature to let it end with that experience. We paid our dues. We dealt with bodily fluids in the crib. Please don't make us do it again....

2 comments:

Katie said...

welcome to the world of bodily fluids! it's so much fun.

Team Howsley said...

aw, morgan, we had so much fun that day, and it was so great to FINALLY meet one of the babies!