I am so proud. All for 50 bucks! All those 400 dollar benches can shove it! :)



Don't you love it?! I do. I would marry this dang bench if I could.
Next, she busted out some matching pillows for our couch (well, if you want to get technical it is Scott's sister's couch, who gave to her their other brother, who doesn't have a house, so we are in turn "babysitting" it for a while.. ;) ) Anyway, the pillows turned out cute too. Unfortunately, my Mom didn't pass down her "crafty/creative" gene to me.

And if that weren't enough, she busted out a runner for my piano.

She also redid Brent's bedroom, which I don't have pictures of. And on a whim, she used an old shower curtain and busted out some drapes for our kitchen. Talk about being thrifty!

Does it sound like I am bragging? Because I am. I'm so proud of little touches like this that make a house more homey. I'm even more proud that the touches were made out of things from Salvation Army and used shower curtains!
Although my Mom is quite the work horse, we did manage to have some fun. We took a trip to the beach and it was oh so wonderful. It was good to have her here. Brent refused to pose for a picture- the story of my life!




7 comments:
That is one AWESOME bench! Too cute. Love the pics of mom and Soph. Great job Mom!
Wow...beautiful! It always amazes me how much our mom's are alike. I also think it's funny how alike we are as I have not inherited that either.
Will she come to my house next?
And I LOVE your bench. I can't believe you found that at SA!
I wish I could do that.
Your mom looks the same! Still so beautiful!
man, mom needs to come visit me soon... cute!
I get her next time she comes to Calif! I love her and love her Enchaladas. I can't believe that bench! What a find!
It's a good thing you live so far away or that bench might be missing from your house. I want one of those too, but 400 bones is out of the question!
Post a Comment