Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm on a roll

Another post? That's like 3 days in a row? I'm on a roll!

I HAD to share this. Many of you may have seen this (I sent an email earlier), but if you haven't, it's worth seeing. It's part of President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's conference talk, but it's set to beautiful music and pictures.

Time for honesty. I am extremely cautious of talking about this (other than with family and close friends) and it is taking ALOT for me to say this. But it feels good to get it off my chest.

Today I had a particularly hard morning with Brent. For those of you who don't know, Brent is a loving, perfect little boy, but we are starting to sense something may be a bit off. We can't put our finger on it, and it may very well be that he is just quirky and a 2 yr old! :) His pediatrician and several evaluators have dismissed autism and any variant of it, and everyone thinks he will grow out of it. Yet despite everyone telling me he is "fine", my heart is still somewhat unsettled. I find myself consumed with worry and I just want to not worry so much and have more hope that things will turn out ok. He is extremely intellingent, loveable, and has these big brown eyes that could melt your soul.

We have REALLY good days with him where I take a deep breath and think, "Ok, we're ok." And then there are days like today where I feel my spirit down in the dumps and I find myself sick with worry. I think the majority of the issues come from his speech delay, which we have made MAJOR strides with, but that alone makes for some rough days.

At any rate, I watched this video and I sat and cried like a baby. It touched my heart SO much, and I hope it touches you too!

I think I found my new favorite quote from this: ""No matter how bleak the chapter of our lives may look today, because of the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we may hope and be assured that the ending of the book of our lives will exceed our grandest expectations." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments: