My sister came for a whirlwind visit last week and we had so much fun. I think I gained 5 pounds in 2 days thanks to her incessant need for In-N-Out, but it was all worth it! We had a blast at Disneyland and by the end of her trip, Brent was walking around saying "Whe Ka-ee go??" (where'd Katie go??) He fell in love with her and so did little Sophie.
Aunt Katie and Brent hanging out in bed..
Life has been crazy- as usual, and Sophie's need to climb on EVERYTHING keeps me on my toes 24/7!! Seriously- she is a monkey child. Brent has never attempted to climb on anything, but now, he is learning from his LITTLE SISTER's bad behavior and will imitate her every once in a while. So I feel like I am always pulling BOTH of them off of things.
But Brent- oh my sweet Brent, is turning into an angel. Yes, he has his moments, but we've finally reached that "golden" stage with him. He is perfect at restaurants and in public (of course he has his moments- he was psychotic at Costco on Saturday) but in general, he is just a different kid. Scott and I turned and looked at each other in Sacrament and I whispered "Where did our belligerent 2 year old go?!" He was sitting nicely in the pew, just playing with his cars and flipping through the hymn book. After Sacrament, I had someone compliment us on our well behaved kids- I thought- "someone please pinch me.. did that just happen?!" He walks into nursery, turns around and waves, and doesn't look back. As hard as the past year has been with him, I would have 10 more kids if they were just like him. He just melts my heart. And don't worry, we love our little Sophie just as much! :)
I have 3 finals next week and I'm home free for the semester. Seriously- almost every week I kick myself for not finishing school WHEN I HAD NOTHING ELSE TO DO! My parents were paying for my apartment, the first few years in College Station I barely worked, yet I didn't go to class??? Augh! Starting over from scratch has not been fun, and you better believe my children will hear my story every day when they are nearing the end of high school. At any rate, I'm still chugging along and I applied to University of California at Riverside and California State University at San Bernardino. The state budget is in such a mess that they cut enrollment by tens of thousands. Most schools accept applications for the spring terms, but California schools are no longer doing that. You can only apply for Fall and that's it. It's crazy. At any rate, Cal State San Bernardino lets anyone in- (no offense Scott.. that's my husbands alma mater!). I knew UCR would be rougher to get in because it's the UC system which is the same as UCLA- it's generally much harder to get in than the Cal State schools. So, I applied to Cal State San Bernardino as a "back up". I applied to transfer for this fall and applied well within the application dates. The day I submitted my application, they sent me the following email:
"Greetings from CSU San Bernardino! You have successfully submitted your application to our campus.
CSUSB will remain open for upper division transfer applicants on a space available basis. Your application, received on December 8th, will be placed on a wait list. Applicants will be notified by email if their application can be considered at our campus.
Please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment at 909-537-5188 if you have any questions.
If space becomes available and we are able to process your application, you will receive one more important notice from our campus to this email account. That notice will include instructions on how to access an email account we will create for you at CSUSB. It will also include information about how you can track the status of your application for admission at CSUSB."
So, basically they told me that I am on a wait list to even HAVE MY APPLICATION LOOKED AT!! What the heck?! My GPA is as good as it gets, I've done everything I can, yet one of the "easiest-to-get-into" universities in the area won't even look at my application!? I am so frusturated that I can't even explain it. So, I am crossing my fingers that many applicants will be unqualified and that my application, which is on the wait list, will actually have a chance to be reviewed.
I've done my fair share of rambling.. :)
1 comment:
little daredevils! i miss those guys! and in-n-out... ;)
Post a Comment