Sunday, February 14, 2010

L-O-V-E



****Scott is going to get angry when he sees this picture. But I love it. He didn't even know I took it...

Yesterday Scott and I went on a date it was SO nice. I made an effort not to talk about our kids the entire time (which we tend to do) and just have fun. One of the perks of being in Young Womens is there is never a lack of babysitters begging to babysit! What a relief to leave the kids at home with a 14 year old who is DYING to play with babies and love on sweet Sophie (because who doesn't want to eat her up) and spend a carefree afternoon with your husband!

Anyway, whenever I think of people publically saying how much they love their spouse, I think of Elder Bednars talk at General Conference (http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1117-6,00.html).. Why waste time telling the world how wonderful your spouse is when instead, you should tell them in private how much you love them? It struck a chord with me. Yet, my husband happens to read my blog and SOMETIMES it's nice to be appreciated publically.

And let's get real. There are times when I want to strangle Scott. He is a picky eater (wonder where Brent gets it?) He hates pasta. My favorite food is Spaghetti. He hates tortillas. I LOVE me some quesadillas. He hates marinara sauce. I could eat it with a spoon.

And driving? Don't get me started. He can see a sea of cars completely stopped ahead of him, yet he waits until he is 2 inches from their bumper before he pushes the break. Trust me- his driving + my anxiety = not fun travel experiences.

And the guy won't wear a jacket. I think he thinks it makes him less manly. To wear a jacket means that you are acknowledging you are cold. And men don't get cold, only girls do. No joke- we stood at the Grand Canyon in NOVEMBER, the kids and myself completely bundled up, and Scott strutting around in a short sleeved polo. And Brent? A product of his father. He had a meltdown outside of Target last night when I tried to put a jacket on him because it was chilly. Rather than fight him, I let him wear a short sleeved shirt. I was so angry until I remembered that he gets it from his Dad.

And speaking of temperature, I'm always FREEZING. There are days that I'm almost willing to divorce the guy PURELY because I'm tired of being frozen. This also leads to unpleasant travel experiences in the car. He claims he "can't breathe" when the heater is on. I'm frozen to death if it's off. Good thing we live in southern california where it's usually warm...

But I can't really think of too many other faults. If picky eating, refusing to wear a jacket, being warm blooded, and breaking too late in the car are the worst of his faults, then I think I've scored big time. Because my faults? Oh geeze. The list could go on and on. But the thing about Scott? He'll never admit that I have any faults. He thinks I'm perfect (no people, I swear.. he really does) and I could do no wrong. He's never so much as raised his voice at me no matter how crazy I can be. He is patient beyond patient and loves our kids as fiercly as I do. He loves the church. Growing up, I loved that my Dad was so diligent in his callings and never complained. I never once heard him say, on Sundays, "Um- I'm not feeling well! Let's skip church.." Or "Let's take this Sunday off!" and I always told myself I wanted to marry someone like that. And I did. And I'm so greatful that my kids will have that same example that I had set for me. He works so hard with his job to provide us a nice life. And again, never complains a second about it.

Sometimes I think my own mother has a crush on him. Not to mention my sister (ahem, Katie). But I can see why. He's perfect. And the crazy way that we met that brought us together? People that have met him scratch their heads and say it HAD to be kismet. It's my families only explanation. That me, a girl from a town with more deer than people, scored such a catch halfway across the country.

I'll stop now. But REALLY. My husband is better than yours.

:)

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Cute! :) My husband is the same way in the car- he will roll down the window when it's freezing outside cause he can't breathe! And he can drive like that for quite a while I freeze to death. :)

Katie said...

How sweet.. You sure are a lucky girl Morgan! And of course I have a crush on Scottie, but who doesn't?

Heather said...

SO I went to lunch with Scott I think about a month before you guys got married. You should have heard that guy talk about you-honestly-he got this dreamy look on his face when he spoke of you. He told me how wonderful you were and how lucky and blessed he felt that you found each other. Seriously, I have known Scott since I was 14 and I had never seen him talk like that about anyone!! I am so happy you guys are so happy!!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Love that picture of Scottie...i think i am going to frame it and put it on my nightstand...talk about mcdreamy:)

Josie said...

Oh, Lady, I love him too. And I love him even more for loving you and taking such good care of you :)