
I had my first successful prenatal appointment today. Scott wanted to come along so he could see the first ultrasound. When the doctor started, his face looked very serious. I sat there and held my breath until I couldn't stand it and then yelled "OK!!! You're making me nervous! What's going on?!" He turned and laughed and said "I'm just making sure there's not 2.. don't worry, only one."
And then...
He turned the screen and I finally let out a sigh of relief. Scott jumped up to look at the miraculous little image, turning somersaults and kicking it's feet a mile a minute. It truly is a miracle.
One would think that it's not as amazing or miraculous the 3rd time around. But today it was if it was happening for the first time. And then we heard the WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH of the heartbeat and I finally felt at peace. I think I will sleep better tonight than I have the past several months.
Oh- and my doctor? AMAZING. I won the lotto with this guy. He walked in, introduced himself to us, and immediately said "So, I was looking at your chart and I see that you've had one vaginal birth and one C-Section. Wanna try for a VBAC?" I seriously had to pick my jaw up off the floor. I thought I was going to have to go in there, guns blazing, to try and fight for a VBAC. When HE brought it up, I was stunned. I seriously sat there and the only thing I said was "Um, I think you're my hero." (Yes, I really said that.) Meanwhile, Scott was looking skiddish in the corner because I was practically foaming at the mouth over this doctor (not because of his attractiveness- not attractive at all. Purely because of his compassion).
Anyway, I know the risks of a VBAC, and so does he. He thinks I am a perfect candidate and says I should give it a shot. He scheduled my C-Section already (do they really need to do it this early??) in case I don't go into labor on my own by 40 weeks. He said if I'm not strep B positive, then he will do everything he can to help me along. He said he'll strip my membranes to try and get things moving. They are not allowed to induce labor if you are having a VBAC, so I have to cross my fingers that I have the baby on my own before my due date- otherwise, I'll have a C-Section at 40 weeks, which I'm ok with. At least he is giving me a chance.
That's all months and months from now, so I'll not worry about that. For now, I'm just trying to make it minute by minute without puking. Wish me luck..
8 comments:
You can do it Morgan!! I am so happy for you guys and glad everything is well with Crabtree #3. This will be a fun year!!
Doctor appointments are so much better when the doctor is hot.
I'm so glad things went well. I am jealous of your wonderful doctor!
My good friend just had a VBAC last week. She was scared because her C section was scheduled for 2 days after she actually delivered. (They let her go almost 42 weeks, though.) Except, she had never had a vaginal delivery. Anyway, I am so glad you get to try. It is hard to find anyone here that will even LET you.
I am so happy for you guys!! It makes all the difference to have a good dr. who actually knows how to help you!! Have you used Zofran for nausea? I puked everything I ever ate in my life with my first, but with my 2nd they put me on Zofran-the wonder drug! I barely ever puked!
Yay! We actually found out a while back ago from Mimi, who found out from your mom. But Congratulations nonetheless! Wow...3! That's a big number :)
Hey congrats! When are you due?? I love my Dr appt's and especially LOVE to hear the heartbeat!
congrats morgan! that is awesome! man, i might need the number for your doc someday. i'm totally expecting my doc to not be a fan of vbacs. personally, i'm not a fan of the c-section...
Post a Comment