Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lazy Saturday

Ahh.. there's nothing I love more than Saturday mornings. You throw a costco trip in the mix, and it's my idea of a perfect day! What is it about Costco? Geeze. As we walked isle by isle, I convinced myself that we needed a new kitchen table, a new computer, a new sectional, a sweet camping chair with it's own shade attached, a jungle gym for our kids, and a strand of pearls. It's fun to DREAM, right??!?! Gotta love Costco. Pearls and diamonds in one isle, a 30 lb bag of flour down the other. We left costco with absolutely nothing fun- Chicken, Ground turkey, grapes, laundry detergent, milk, orange juice- it was depressing. :)

I have my first ultrasound in 2 more days (well, 1 1/2 days, if we want to get technical). You would think, seeing as this is my third time at this, that I would not be nervous. However, my stomach is in knots and I am just as anxious to see that this baby is healthy and developing properly as I was the first time with Brent. When I was pregnant with Sophie, they did the ultrasound by 9 weeks, so I didn't have to spend my entire first trimester in anticipation. When I originally scheduled my first prenatal appointment, I told the nurse "This isn't my first time at the rodeo. I'm really busy and I don't mind if you guys wait and see me until I am almost 12 weeks.." BIG MISTAKE. The flip side is, by the time we find out everything is ok with the bambino (which I am almost 99% sure is a girl- good old intuition), I will be on my way out of the first trimester- a.k.a "the danger zone!" I'll be a few days past 11 weeks on Monday, and I'm anxious to get out of the pukey/tired/gaggy stage. I have been having SERIOUSLY crazy dreams that I'm having twins. The other day it went one step farther and turned into a dream about a 2 headed baby. I woke up in a cold sweat. Needless to say, I'm ready to get the dang ultrasound over with.

Here are my kids in their cozy pajamas this morning, COMPLETELY absorbed in Winnie the Pooh..And Sophie is holding on to her my little pony for dear life. She's such a girl, and I LOVE it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Katie said...

love saturdays too... i wasn't dressed until almost noon and i loved it!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

i love how brent has his stroller right next to him! your kiddos are sure cute!