Monday, March 22, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We made a quick trip to Utah this weekend for a wedding. Scott's little brother, Trevor, was sealed in the Bountiful temple. WOW. Is all I have to say about that! It was amazing. I don't remember a WORD of our sealing (and my Grandpa even sealed us)..the day was so exciting and it was all a blur. To be able to be a part of something so special like that made my year. It was the first sealing I'd been to other than my own. And even better, because I wasn't the one getting married, I actually paid attention and it really touched me! The spirit was so strong, and I was so effected by it, that I literally could not stop crying for 2 days anytime I talked about it. On the way home, Scott and I were reflecting on the event, and I started blubbering again (pregnancy hormones maybe?). I told him that if people could go to more sealings, and simply REMEMBER the power of them, there just simply wouldn't be as many divorces. It seriously renewed my love of Scott and the covenants that we have made together with our Heavenly Father. I'll stop going on about it. But it was the highlight of my year so far. So neat. So so neat. We also got to spend time with my sister, her husband, and their kiddos. It was fun to be able to see her! Thanks Lauren- we couldn't have done anything without you! (She watched our kids during the sealing AND kept them so we could go to the reception- kid free. Because of that, I got to dance with my husband! That was the other highlight of my year.. :) )

And that brings me to Reason number 1 why I love California. We left snow and freezing (to me) temperatures in Utah on Sunday, and Monday, this is what Sophie was wearing in Sunny So Cal..



And here is reason number 2 why I love California. While everyone else in the country looks at dead, brown grass, this is what we look at every day..



And speaking of our yard, look what is blooming! I have no idea what it is, but it is my new favorite tree. It starting blooming these gorgeous pink flowers. It's yummy!



And speaking of our yard, the only reason I took these pictures was to prove to Scott what our children put me through on a daily basis. Their new favorite thing to do? Everytime I open the garage door to put them in the car, they both look at each other, then immediately take off running. I spend the next 15 minutes threatening and begging them to come back into the garage. Do they listen? No. I spend the next 5 minutes chasing them through the cul-de-sac and end up carrying one under each arm, as I swear up and down I will NEVER open the garage door again until they are snapped in their car seats. When will I learn?

Here they are, running away like they just broke out of jail..



Here they are running in the OPPOSITE direction.. they are trying to kill me



Culprit #1- Good thing she's cute. Immediately after this picture, she was locked in the car while I chased down Brent. Fun times, fun times.


4 comments:

shannon said...

That was a pretty funny post and Soph is the cutest thing ever! I was laughing at the kids breaking out of jail. I loved this weekend too, I hated the drive, but that 20 min. sealing was worth all that time on the road. I feel renewed also, and that really puts things in an eternal perspective, huh??

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

It was my pleasure...your kids are angels compared to my little hellions! I love Soph's spring outfits..so cute.

Katie said...

that little sophe is just the cutest chica around...

Heidi Noel said...

Yes, your comment on my blog is correct. I am testing peoples observation skills. Next week will be more details. (I will publish your comment then.)