Yesterday we were waiting at the checkout line at Target. Brent kept yelling "It's DORA! Mommy- Dora! Dora!" He was pointing at all the magazines and I quickly scanned the covers of all of them and couldn't figure out where he was seeing Dora the Explorer. I ignored him and he wouldn't stop and kept yelling louder and pointing to "Dora". Finally, I looked closer and the lightbulb went off in my head. Oprah's "O" Magazine had a picture of Oprah's noggin, smiling on the cover. I pointed to Oprah and said "Dora??" and he said "Yeah!! It's Dora!".
It was so funny. Apparently, to Brent, any woman with brown skin is Dora the Explorer.
P.S. Brent sat on the potty for over an hour yesterday, drank a giant sippy cup of juice, and finally looked at me and said "I want Diaper". I am easing him into the potty training madness, so I didn't want to fight him and make him hate the toilet. I agreed and put his diaper on. Within TWO seconds, I felt his diaper and it was nice and warm- full of pee. Errrr!!! This is gonna be a long road! But I refuse to have 3 kids in diapers! It just can't happen! Hopefully by AUGUST he will get the hang of it!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oprah could definitely pass for Dora the Explorer.
Post a Comment