Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our little garbage disposal..

These two are complete opposites (well, except for when it comes to being extremely demanding and the ability to throw amazing temper tantrums- when it comes to that, they are completely the same).



When it comes to food, Sophie is always down for anything. It is so weird for me. We've been so used to Brent eating nothing, that we don't quite know how to handle Sophie who is constantly pointing at the pantry... but have you seen the size of her cheeks? I'm sure no one is surprised that she loves to eat!

Anyway, Scott made breakfast the other day and she was screaming in her high chair while she was waiting. TOTALLY not thinking she would eat it, I handed her a piece of bacon. The verdict? SHE LOVED IT. She sat and sucked on it for ages. Kinda gross, kinda cute. And no, bacon is not a regular part of our toddler's diet!


We can't believe Sophie is almost 2. It's gone by SO fast. Here is a little update on our Soph-

* She hates to cuddle. At the end of the night, you are lucky if she sits still on your lap for a few seconds. (Brent is the biggest cuddle bug on the planet)

* She is talking up a STORM. She talked to my sister on the phone the other day, and Katie assumed she was talking to Brent. She talks in phrases and it freaks me out! She can sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and attempts to sing her "ABC's".

* She can count to 13. Totally freaks me out. I can only attribute it to the fact that we have constantly worked with Brent her whole life, so she has just sat back and soaked it all in..

* She LOVES her brother. She walks through the house saying "Bubba!! Where are you?!?"

* When we pull up to Scott's Mom's house, she recognizes the driveway and starts yelling "Ma-Ma! (grandma) Where are you?" She also equally loves her cousins Hailey and McKenzie and randomly asks for them throughout the day.

* She has the STRONGEST personality I've ever seen in a toddler. She can throw temper tantrums that would put any other child to shame. And SHE DOES NOT STOP. Overall, she is a very serious little girl. You have to work to get her to laugh and giggle. For the most part, she just watches and takes things all in.

* She has the CUTEST FACE I've ever seen in my life. I know she is my child, but she is just so yummy. I can't go anywhere without having random women come up and try and talk to her. We were checking out at Target the other day and a woman comes over, leans down and looks at Brent and said "You're sister is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I just had to come tell you how cute your sister was!" I'm sure if Brent had a bigger vocabulary, he would have said "What am I, chopped liver?!"

We love her. She is a challenge, but we'll keep her.

3 comments:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

or not and just send her to live with me:)

Katie said...

I seriously can't wait to kiss those cheeks in few weeks!!

shannon said...

Katie, I was kissing on those cheeks most of the day!! Hey, Soph isn't my kid and I too think she has the cutest face I have seen!