Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Sausage Fingers

Are you sitting down? This is going to be a long one!!

My fingers have slowly transformed into little sausages. It's real attractive, let me tell ya! I wore my wedding rings right up until the end with my other kids. I'm almost 28 weeks and I will be lucky if I can get another 2 weeks out of my rings with this pregnancy! I also had a strong braxton hicks contraction today- that never happened with my other two. My feet kill me at the end of the day- that never really happened with my other two. The moral of the story? The 3rd one is a doosey! :) This little baby is super active and Scott already plays games with her. She is most active in the evenings. We lay in bed and he usually has his hands on my belly so he can feel her flailing around in there! He will tap on my belly and she will tap back. He taps again- she immediately taps back. It is so funny and they will go back and forth tapping each other. Coincidence, or is this girl already in love with her Dad? Either way, it's cute!

Here are some needed pictures.. I've been slacking off lately!

Here is my friend Jessica who came to visit a few weeks ago and Sophie. Jessica finished medical school last month and starts her residency at University of Utah in psychiatry. She is going to be a child psychiatrist and I was hoping she would psycho-analyze my children and tell me how to better parent them. It didn't happen, but it was still fun to have her and her little boy here! Nothing better than late night talks with an old friend!



Jessica and her little boy, Jackson



Brent is getting to be so funny. He is catching up with his speech SO quickly. Every day he says new things and the things he said before finally are starting to have clarity to them. Today he walked up to me, and clear as day, said "Mom- where's my red car? I can't find it." He has probably been saying phrases like that for months, we just haven't been able to understand him. Anyway, he is starting a new phase where he is scared of the dark. It started out of nowhere. He won't go into dark rooms, dark hallways, or the garage. Just a few weeks ago, he would have run full speed into a dark room without thinking twice. Now he stops, dead in his tracks, and says "It's dark in there" and refuses to go forward.

He LOVES speech therapy at the preschool. He gets stamps on his hands at the end of every session, so when we are in the car on the way to speech he says "I go to school and then get stamps on hands!" Then, every day that I pick him up from "school" (his 30 minute speech session), he runs out of the room with the biggest smile on his face and says "That was fun, Mom! School fun!" It warms my heart. He starts preschool this fall (twice a week) and I am confident that he will LOVE it. His favorite show is WIPEOUT (which is a bit disturbing) and he cracks up anytime someone falls in the water. Tonight we put him to bed before it was over, and he kept saying he wanted to finish it. Scott finally said "It's ok, Bubba. I'll record it for you." I had to bite my tongue. I think I might have to put my foot down. Recording Sesame Street is one thing. But recording wipeout for a 3 year old?? I'm not sure how I feel about that!!!

Brent at the park, and watching Wipeout with his Dad





And here are some pictures of Miss Sophie. We seriously fall more in love with her every day. She is such a calm and easy going little thing (compared to her brother). She is in LOVE with her baby cousin. Yesterday we had a family get together and she couldn't get enough of Addy (who is only 3 months old). She kept saying "I want to hold it!" and reaching for the baby. I think when Lily gets here, we are going to have a problem because Sophie will think it is HER baby!

Sophie at the park, and displaying her flexibility by sucking on her toes (I took this back in March and totally forgot to put it up here! Nasty!)




Well, these sausage fingers of mine have typed just about enough! I took my last final today for the semester and will finally have a bit more time to update this blog regularly! Who-hoo for summer! If only we had a pool.... :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

dude-all I have to say is at least you only have sausage fingers cause of your being prego! Mine are like that year round-no joke! I can't even play the piano cause of my sausage nubs! LOL! Love the pics!!

Mel said...

Kyle and Brent would SO get along! Kyle wanted to stay up and watch Wipeout last night, too!!! He cracks up and flips back on the couch whenever anyone falls into the water.

Katie said...

sophie sure is flexible! BRING HER TO TEXAS OR ELSE!

Unknown said...

I love the picture of Sophie with her foot in her mouth, and she still has the most squeezable cheeks!!!