Anyway! After I got over the shock of not having my kids or husband, I had a ball. There were 7 kids under the age of 6 in my parents tiny house and chaotic is a bit of an understatement! It was so fun to be able to spend time with my neices and nephews though (and of course my siblings).
It was funny though- on my way to San Antonio from San Diego I sat next to a retired Labor and Delivery nurse. She insisted on checking my feet for swelling when we landed and absolutely wouldn't let me carry my own bags. I tried to explain to her that I carry around two 30 pound kids on each hip daily so a little suitcase was NOTHING, but she wouldn't stand for it. It was hilarious. Good to know I'm not retaining any water, Mrs. Overly Concerned/Nosy Retired Nurse.. :)
Then, on my way home, a man comes and sits next to me. No joke- here was the conversation..
"WHOA!" As he eyed my belly.
"Yeah.." I responded and kinda laughed. I pulled out a book and tried to give him the "I don't want to talk" signal. He obviously didn't pick up on that.
"Well, honey, looks like fate had me sit next to you! I'm a first responder. If you go into labor, I'm the person to help. AND, my wife had all four of our kids vaginally at home and I assisted with every single one." He then goes on to describe the beauty of his wife's vaginal home births... TOO. MUCH. INFO. People crack me up! If you are pregnant, then you are just an open door for all kinds of crazy comments.
Anyway, here are some pictures from my trip:
My sister Katie, my Grandma Lilly Faye, me, my sister Lauren, and my Mom

My sister in law Erin, my sister Lauren, sister Katie, and me getting pedicures. I'm still laughing remembering that the Vietnamese nail people were watching spanish TV..

Hanging out at the park- some of my neices and nephews and my giant pregnant belly that my neice, Rylee's head is conveniently covering!

My sister Lauren, sister Katie, Me, and Sister in law Erin at the River. Isn't it GORGEOUS?! Wanna know a secret? I refused to get in it, but after drinking so much water in the hot Texas sun, I finally jumped in, peed, and then immediately jumped back out. Don't judge me. What is a pregnant girl to do?! Not like I dirtied up that water any more than it already was! I was born and raised in Texas, but never quite acclimated to that Guadalupe River. I like to look at it, not be in it. I've seen one too many water snakes in my day to be comfortable in that water!!

You ready for the best picture ever? My Dad and his shrek hat. He wears it ALL the time. Let's just say when he is at a red light and a "good ol' Texas boy" is next to him wearing a cowboy hat, he gets quite a few interesting looks. I think mostly people are confused by it. It cracks me up. When he goes bike riding, he puts the shrek hat over his bicycle helmet. It's a riot! I guess you can see where I get my "non-smile"... just looking at the picture, I can see my Dad and I have the same "un-smile"!

My brother Daniel jumping off the rope swing. Just about gave me a heart attack. He was also doing back flips off a rock sidewalk into the water. My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it!

My little 4 year old nephew Rex even went off the rope swing!

My sister Katie and myself

Wish I had more pictures of everyone else! I need to bring my own camera next time! :) I'm already trying to talk Scott into flying there for Thanksgiving... we'll see if I'm successful in my attempts.
1 comment:
Looking at dad in the Shrek hat right now is making me laugh so hard!! so funny... Ahh, we had so much fun though!
Post a Comment