Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hair Do's and Dressers

We've had an old dresser collecting dust in our garage. It was brown and ugly. Scott and I decided to try and refinish it. We decided we would give Sophie's smaller dresser to baby Lily and that Sophie could have the bigger one. We are so proud with how it turned out!

BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER:



Don't mind me... I begged Scott to let me get OUT of the picture before he took it and he wouldn't listen. So instead I just decided to look away and pretend that the picture wasn't happening.. :)















I wanted to put cute little crystal knobs on it like we did for Sophie's old dresser, but I forgot how expensive those were! AND, this dresser has almost 20 knobs- so if I did that, it would defeat the whole purpose of trying to be "thrifty" and refinish the dresser cheaply!

Sophie has reached a new milestone.. she has enough hair to put in pigtails. BARELY. She's so stinkin cute- practically bald, and all!






And cover your eyes- really. This is purely for my blog book and posterity's sake... almost 8 months pregnant. No, I don't walk around the house like this- I was headed to the beach! It's been fun for my kids baby books to take pictures as the pregnancy progresses. Anyway- almost 31 weeks, without any makeup, without a smile, and without washed hair- don't be jealous!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ok, I am seriously so impressed with that dresser! It turned out so cute! I love the pigtails on that Soph too, she's just pure deliciousness.

Heather said...

Love the dresser!! That junk is hard work-especially prego!! I am impressed!! That Sophie is such a doll!!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Love the dresser! Erin said you can find crystal knobs at Target for a good deal!