Monday, June 21, 2010

Whiner

I am a firm believer in not complaining about pregnancies. This is just my personal view. I feel like there are SO many people that struggle with infertility and can't get pregnant and I'm sure those people would KILL to go through the aches, pains, and morning sickness associated with pregnancy. Because of that, I feel silly complaining because I completely and fully realize what a miracle and blessing it is to have the ability to be pregnant. Now that I've said that, I'm gonna complain for a minute....... :)

The CRAZIEST thing with this pregnancy that I've experienced lately is HORRIBLE tail bone pain. It is absurd to me. Tailbone? Really? I have PLENTY of padding on my backside, so why in the world does my tailbone constantly feel like it's gonna snap off when I sit down? I've looked it up and I guess all your joints and bones loosen in your pelvic area towards the end of your pregnancy to prepare for childbirth (which I already knew)- and sometimes the tailbone is included. That, so far, is my only real complaint. The dang tailbone. And at the end of the day, all I want to do is SIT- yet when I do, my tailbone feels like it's being crushed.

Tailbone pain and all, I'm SO excited to meet this baby girl. I dream about what she will look like (if my dreams are correct, she'll look just like Sophie). I'm scared and excited, anxious and calm, and 1,000 other emotions bottled into one. I feel like I'm finally in a good routine with my kids. They are at a good age where I can usually lug them around wherever I go and it's not bad. However, you throw one more in the mix, and I'm not sure how it will all work. I can only assume we will find a new "normal" and I'm not the first person to have 3 young kids at once!

I had such a fun whirlwind trip to Texas. Everytime I heard a "CRASH" or a little one crying, smelled a dirty diaper, or saw a giant mess- I kicked my feet up relishing in the knowledge that IT WASN'T MY CHILD! I had a really hard time leaving my kids but I realized it was good for them... AND ME. I was able to enjoy myself and felt recharged and ready to take on the world when I got home. In my typical fashion, I didn't bring a camera (when will I learn?!) so I'm waiting on my sister to email me pictures! When she does, I'll put some up. The humidity just about killed me (no joke) but the gorgeous scenery and days at the river made up for it.

Now life is back to "normal" and I was a bit sick to my stomach as I came back to California because I knew what was waiting for me- more potty training. Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Good luck with potty training. It's catching on for us, although the pooping is still a problem.

Katie said...

So glad you got to come to Texas! Bob was sad that he missed you...