Tuesday, July 27, 2010

2 years old

2 years ago I first laid eyes on this little beauty and fell in love. 2 years ago our sweet Sophie entered the world.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our little Sophie Layne is such a funny little thing. Her theme song should be "Miss Independent" by Ne-Yo. I'm constantly breaking out into song and sing it all day long when she gets feisty. She has strangely always been independent- never been much of a cuddler or anything along those lines. She's got a mind of her own. I read back in her baby book and when she was a week old I wrote: "I can already see that you have such a strong spirit and personality." BOY WAS I RIGHT! She is, fortunately, also very mellow (when she wants to be). Some other things about Sophie:

* She talks up a STORM. When I went to get her from her crib this morning she said "Hi Mommy! Want go downstairs and get milk and watch Mickey Mouse." No joke. No exaggerations. She has the vocabulary of a 3 year old and after what we've been through with Brent, it is a welcome relief!

* She LOVES Mickey Mouse and Wonder Pets

* She MUST wear a bow at all times. She will have her pajamas on and request a bow in her hair. So from the second her little feet hit the ground in the morning until she goes to bed at night, you better believe she has a bow in her hair!

* She is SO independent. She insists on crawling into her carseat by herself. She insists on trying to snap herself in her carseat. She INSISTS on getting out of her carseat, and out of the van by herself. Heaven forbid you try and assist her- not a good idea to cross her! She insists on getting in her booster seat by herself and snapping herself in. She tries to put her own shoes on and get so angry when, after 15 minutes and we are running late, I have to help her.

* She can count to 13ish, knows some of her shapes (circle, triangle, square), can sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and many other songs. My favorite thing is driving around and listening to her sing in the backseat.

* She is still very attached to her binky and blanket. I am terrified to start the process of taking away her binky. It's not going to be pretty.

*She loves to go to sleep and take naps. In fact, she will randomly say "I'm tired. Wanna go nigh-night". When we walk upstairs to her room, she breaks out into a huge smile and willingly goes to bed. Weird child!

*She eats like nobodies business! Again, another welcome surprise after Brent.

*She really wants to be potty trained but I HAVE NO ENERGY to. I'm probably dumb for letting the opportunity go to waste. But again, no. energy. Nada.

We love our sweet Sophie. Scott is borderline OBSESSED with her and we still go in and check on her every single night together and watch her sleep. I can't believe 2 years has gone by so quick. She is going to be the BEST big sister.

We had a little party for her on Sunday evening. It's the first time we've just done a little family party and it was nice! We figured it's not too much longer that we can get away with doing nothing for her, so we took advantage of it! She got a doll and a new tricycle. And yes, I wrapped her doll in "CARS" wrapping paper. Oops.

Here are some pictures of the day:

Photobucket

This is a little blurry, but LOOK AT HER FACE! SO EXCITED!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Katie said...

That look of surprise on her face is so adorable! She is so sweet, I could just eat her!

shannon said...

So funny, that is the exact same dress I have pictures of Hailey in on her 2nd birthday!

Unknown said...

I was super attached to my binky when I was little and wouldn't give it up. But once we were driving and my mom asked if I wanted to be a big girl. of course i said "yes" and she rolled down the window and said that if I threw my binky out the window i could be a big girl, but I wouldn;t have it anymore...so I threw it out the window and apparently told everyone for the next 3 weeks that I was now a big girl. it worked like a charm