Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Handy Brent

Brent is a fan of Handy Manny and loves tools- especially hammers. When Scott put together Sophie's new tricycle last week, guess who was right there ready to help? When Scott was digging in the yard fixing a sprinkler, guess who was right by his side "tinkering"? Anytime Scott is doing anything "handy" around the house and tools are involved, Brent is smack dab by his side. I'm not going to lie- seeing a 3 year old walking around with a Hammer makes me extremely nervous!!







In other news, this little baby Lily sure is making life interesting these days. I went for a regular appointment yesterday and out of nowhere, my blood pressure was through the roof. I usually run low with my BP, so it was a surprise. The nurse thought it was a fluke so told me to relax and took it again. Again, it was too high. So I stayed at the doctors office for about an hour and they took my BP several more times and each time it was high. My doctor is worried about preeclampsia so I have to do a 24 hr urine test and go have blood work done tomorrow to find out if I have it or not. If I do have it, then they will call me as soon as they get the results and they have to deliver the baby. In the meantime, I have to drive to Kaiser in Riverside twice a week to do stress tests on the baby because of this new development with my BP. This is in addition to my now weekly Dr's appointments. I'm hoping I don't have preeclampsia and the doctor said I MIGHT not have it because I have absolutely no swelling. I am still wearing my wedding ring and he said usually women that have pre-E swell up really badly. So here's hoping I don't have it- I would rather not have a baby at 37 weeks, even though I know she would be fine and completely developed. I just know that the longer they "cook", the better.

The GOOD news is that my doctor is FULLY on board with me having a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section). He said I am the perfect candidate and it is rare to find a doctor nowadays that will agree to a VBAC. I know several women that live here that have had to drive all the way to Orange County in order to find a doctor who will let them have a VBAC. The only downside is that HOSPITAL rules will not allow a VBAC past a women's due date. So if I go into labor on my own before August 27th, then it's a green light for a VBAC. If, by August 27th, I haven't gone into labor, then I have to have a C-Section. Apparently the hospital feels that the risk for uterine rupture is increased once a woman goes past her due date when attempting a VBAC. So I am hoping and praying that something happens in the next 3 weeks on my own. Otherwise, surgery is scheduled for 1:30 pm on the 27th.... crazy that it's almost here.

I'm off to go clean toilets. Seriously, it's all I ever do any more. Brent REALLY needs to work on his aim.

No comments: