Saturday, July 03, 2010

Getting Ready

We are slowly but surely getting ready for Lily. After my last visit with my doctor, I realized he is slowly backpedaling away from a VBAC. He is worried that she is going to be too big, which increases the chance of uterine rupture. I'm disappointed but also just want to do what is safe. I'm going for another ultrasound in a few weeks to estimate her size and then we'll figure out what to do from there. I'm still hoping for a VBAC, and my doctor is hoping as well, but I'm also preparing myself for another C-Section. If the results of the ultrasound show a big baby girl (which I wouldn't be surprised) she'll be coming in about 6 weeks. That seems like FOREVER away, but in reality, it's NOT! Yikes.

We have her room slowly coming together. It was a guest room/Scott's office, so we still have a queen sized bed we need to move out. For now, we've just shoved all of her furniture off to the side until we decide to get really serious. I put her bedding on the bed today and it's starting to seem more real! I'm also starting to pull out random clothes that I've aquired in the last few weeks and I bought my first pack of newborn diapers yesterday. I'd rather build up our supply of those over the next few weeks! I'm finally starting to accept that we are REALLY having another baby (as if my huge belly doesn't already remind me on a daily basis...)

Here is Brent modeling her crib-



And Soph somehow ended up IN the crib (which means I must have put her up there- somehow I don't remember doing that though! My brain is turning to mush..)



I kept asking Brent who the crib was for and his constant reply was "For baby Addy" (his cousin who is 4 months old). Obviously it's not clicking for him yet!

We hit the outlet mall today and scored up some CRAZY deals. Sophie and Brent were pretty good shoppers... (until Sophie had a complete meltdown in the Gap and Scott had to walk her to the car while she was kicking and screaming at the top of her lungs.. she is definitely turning 2..)

My shoppers



And here Sophie is modeling one of the bargains I got! A 4 dollar swimsuit from Gymboree that is so stinkin cute- can't beat that! Now I can't get her to take it off..






My cute babies- if Lily is half as cute as these two, then we won't complain! :)


1 comment:

Katie said...

That picture of them in their shades is so cute!