Monday, July 19, 2010

Our Sweet Man

Tonight while we were eating dinner, Scott and I were discussing our sweet little Brent. What about Brent were we talking about? His CRAZY uni-brow. It went down a little like this..

Scott: "Ok, have you looked at Brent's eyebrows lately?"
Me: "Umm...yeah."
Scott: "Well??"
Me: "Well, what?"
Scott: "Well what can we even do about that?"
Me: "I don't know. I suppose it will only get worse."
Scott: "And have you seen Sophie?? Her brows are going to be just as bad!"
Me: "Well, I don't know. I guess we can wax them?"
Scott "You can't wax toddler's eyebrows"
Me: "DUH! I meant when they are older."
Scott: "Yeah."
Me: "Yeah."

Afterwards it made me laugh as I realized we spent several minutes in hot discussion about the state of our 3 yr old's brows. But really. I don't even know if this picture does him justice. Good thing he's cute. Uni-brow and all.

Photobucket

Our little guy, despite my fears of him heading off to kindergarten in diapers, has done AMAZINGLY well with potty training. It took an entire week of not leaving the house and me staying on him like a vulture, but it worked. There is nothing better than seeing him run into the bathroom out of the corner of my eye and hop on the potty! He is shy about going #2, though and it cracks me up. He prefers only Scott to be in there with him when he is doing his business. And if I am in the kitchen or the near vicinity, he tells Scott to shut the door. Someone doesn't want their mama seeing them poo! It's so funny. Anyway, I'm sure we're still a far ways off from being completely accident free, but I'm still claiming success! I haven't changed his diaper in over a week. That feels oh so good!!

He also is falling deeper in love with cars with each passing day. He carries one to bed with him EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Tonight it was so cute to watch him decide which car to take to bed with him. He had two in his possession and I told him he could pick one. He sat there staring at the two cars as if it was the toughest decision he's ever made. Tonight when we went to check on him before we went to bed, I HAD to run and go get my camera. This is what little boys are all about. Falling asleep, car in hand. I wish I could freeze time. I don't want him to grow up!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Katie said...

Way to go Brent!

shannon said...

I LOVE THAT UNI BROW PIC! Sure captures the essence of Pal!