Lily smiled at me for the first time!! It's the sweetest thing ever. And today as she looked up at me and grinned, I realized why it is that babies don't smile until they are 5 or 6 weeks old.
The first few weeks after birth you are going on adrenaline and a huge rush of endorphins. With each passing week, you start to lose steam. The sleepless nights start to catch up with you. You feel OH. So. Tired.
But THEN...
Just as you think you're at the end of your rope and will die from exhaustion....
Your little baby smiles at you! And you realize you aren't THAT tired after all. I can get through sleepless night after sleepless night as long as I have that little smile to look forward to the next day.
I can't wait to catch it on camera!!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I accidentally caught Dutch's very first smile on camera. I was SO excited!
Post a Comment