He gets kinda confused because he has speech on Wednesdays and Thursdays, which I used to call school. So now when I say "Are you ready to go to school?!" He says "Speech school or other school?" My heart could burst as I write this. NEVER in my wildest dreams would I imagine, a year ago, that he would be able to say "speech school or other school??" He is talking SO much. I'm so proud of him. His speech therapist, Mrs. Betsy, told him goodbye after speech on Friday.
Brent said "But where going, Mrs. Betsy?"
She said "I'm going to go eat lunch, Brent."
Brent- "You eat chicken for lunch, Betsy?"
Mrs. Betsy- "No Brent, I'm going to eat a sandwich, not chicken."
Brent- "Oh, ok. You no eat chicken. Bye Mrs. Betsy! I see you later!"
As I sat back and listened to that exchange I had to fight the tears back. He has come so far.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL:
Brent and cousin McKenzie outside of school

Sophie wasn't too sure about her "Bubba" leaving. She didn't come downstairs and cautiously watched the first day of school commotion from the upstairs landing.
This picture makes me laugh.
VOGUE! STRIKE A POSE!
And my sister has been begging for more pictures of Lily. Here is our little runt! Sophie calls her "little". I don't think she can say Lily. Brent calls her "Lil", so I think Sophie thinks that is her name (Little). I thought it would be a cute nickname, unless she grows up to be really chubby. Then it would just seem mean. :) For now, it works!
And also for my sisters, here are the letters Mom made for her room- me gusta!
I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time since having Lily. And today? I CAN NOT FEEL MY LEGS. I need an easy lift chair to get me up the stairs. Ouch, ouch, ouch.
Adios!
3 comments:
First of all Kudos to your mother for the Lily letter! I love that!! Second, Pal is so stinkin cute, I want to bottle him up! Third, Lily is adorable and I can't believe how much she is changing already! I don't see her enough!!!
I love Sophie's poses! And Lily is so sweet I just want to eat her.
Great pics! I need to see Lily!
Post a Comment