The writer said:
"I'm not too proud to say that mothering three little kids is incredibly hard. I really believe it is on the edge of my personal capabilities. It amazes me how these little people can reduce me to a crazed lunatic by just being kids".
I just laughed outloud because I have the same thoughts go through my head on a daily basis. But THEN she said this..
"I heard Roseanne Cash being interviewed on NPR. She was talking about an intense experience she had that was more than she could handle. She said that in that moment, she borrowed from her future. She knew she would someday be older and wiser, more capable. She borrowed from the woman that she someday would become to get through."
That really touched me and I've never thought about it that way. When I'm having a bad day, I should channel the 60 year old Morgan, my future self. Would my future 60 year old post-menopausal self sigh at 2 am when her newborn baby is stirring, or would she scoop that baby up in her arms, take in that newborn smell, and soak up every fleeting moment?
So that is my mission. On days where it's more than I can bare, when I'm stretched thin, and my kids (specifically the 3 and 2 year olds) have run me ragged, I will draw strength from my wiser, future self. Because I know 30 years from now I will WISH I listened more, played more, and enjoyed more.
I will need to channel my future self on times like the other day, when my 2 and 3 year olds were WAY too quiet. I found them in Sophie's room. They had taken EVERY single piece of clothing out of Sophie's dresser and dumped it in her crib. Then they went into Brent's room where I had separated clothes that were too small, and dumped those in Sophie's crib too. Then to top it off, they went in the laundry room and dumped the entire basket of dirty clothes on top of everything else..in, you guessed it, Sophie's crib.
And P.S. SOMEONE SLOW DOWN THE CLOCK. My little Lily is going to be a month old soon. I am desperately, FRANTICALLY, trying to slow down time. I'm not ready for her to grow up. I am soaking every inch of her in. I am vowing not to have any regrets- I will not look back and say I didn't enjoy her enough.
Check out my monkey- see the hair on her arms?! (Here's hoping that falls off eventually..haha!)
**the blog that I was referring to was http://suaviloquy.blogspot.com/ it's a good one!
2 comments:
Great pics, Morgan! Thank you for those quotes-I totally needed them! My only hope is that I will be wiser and not a goober!! ha ha
good thoughts...
Post a Comment