As a side note, I'm so thankful for blogs! My parents check my blog daily, my husbands grandparents do as well, and I just found out that my Grandparents check it too (Hi Grandma and Grandpa Lasater!) Technology is amazing and I'm thankful for the link that it provides for my family that is scattered all about the country.
Anyway, here are Brent and Sophie. Sophie is getting more and more stubborn by the day and is so incredibly independent. She tests my patience every single second! I read a great tip in a parenting magazing the other day. Whenever your kids are acting like lunatics and you feel like yelling, instead, look at them and say: "What are you, 2??" Or if you have teenagers, "What are you, 16??" Just saying it outloud helps reinforce to yourself that as frusturated as you are at the moment, they are, in fact, only 2 (or 16, or 12, or however old!). Needless to say, I've been saying that A LOT in my house lately. Once a day I look at Sophie and
Brent is loving preschool so much. His favorite teacher is Mrs. Donna. The other day we had an "incident" where Lily fell off the bed (don't ask...I still feel incredibly guilty) and as SOON as it happened, Brent was very concerned. He looked at me and said "Um, I need to go tell Mrs. Donna what happened." I looked at him and said "Brent James Crabtree, we do NOT need to tell Mrs. Donna what happened." I had visions of Mrs. Donna calling CPS... haha. Just kidding. It was funny and a bit heart warming that he loves her so much that he feels the need to fill her in on every detail that goes on at home!
Sophie's latest phrase is telling us how "frozen" she is. She wakes up in the morning and says "Daddy, I'm FROZEN!!" And Scott makes a big ordeal of wrapping her up in a blanket. She eats it up. We also went out to eat for lunch the other day and she took a bite, looked at me and said, in a completely serious tone "Mommy, this is DELICIOUS." The things that come out of her mouth floor me! She is SO verbal and jabbers and sings all day long. We don't go anywhere without people coming up to us and complimenting on how "cute she is" and she is starting to let it go to her head! On Saturday we went to lunch and a family came up to us afterwards and said "We were watching your little girl and she is SO FRICKIN CUTE!" (Their words, not mine). Sophie immediately stands up and starts giggling and practically batting her eyes at them. They ate it up and so did she. Poor Brent is starting to notice all the attention she gets and today on the couch he looked at me and said "Mommy, I pretty??" It just about broke my heart and made me laugh at the same time. I said "Oh yes, Bubba. You're SO pretty!" He was content with that answer and continued about his day. Sophie also acts like a diva and orders Brent around the house. Surprisingly enough, he lets her. She says "Bubba, go get my blanket". He will sigh and march upstairs and go get it. We will be eating dinner at the kitchen table, she will drop her fork, I'll lean over to get it and she'll say: "NO!! I want BUBBA to get it." Brent will sigh like an old man, get out of his chair, and saunter over to her chair and retrieve her dropped fork. It is so funny. I keep meaning to write it down in her baby book but this will have to do!
Miss Sophie


This was early one morning after Brent and Sophie woke up. They came into Lily's room where I was feeding her and proceeded to kick me out of the rocking chair. Sophie had told us she was "frozen". Can you guess, based on these pictures, who is a morning person and who isn't?? Incidently, I'm not a morning person and Scott is. Sophie takes after her mama, and Brent after his dad!




And I can't NOT mention little Lily! She had her 2 month check up Friday and she was only 21 inches long! She is a tiny little thing! That only puts her in the 18th% for height. She weighed 10 lbs 7 oz which was around the 40th% for weight. At 2 months, she is smaller than Brent was at BIRTH. I can't quite wrap my brain around that! The pediatrician laughed and said she is just the "runt" of the litter and commented on how NONE of my kids have ever been towards the bottom of the charts. There's a first for everything! Something tells me she won't be a runt for long though. I'm sure by 4 months she will have chubbed up nicely! P.S. She is sleeping 7 hours at a time. SEVEN HOURS! Can't beat that! She slept from 11 to 6:20 this morning... not too shabby for a smallish, breastfed baby! Go Lily!

3 comments:
love those cute kids.
That Soph is a head turning for sure, I am in love with your babies!
My gosh Morgan, could your kids be any cuter?!
Post a Comment