Thursday, November 04, 2010

30 Days of Thankful

My cousin Lindsey is doing "30 Days of Thankful" on her blog for the month of November, and I loved the idea! (Thanks, Lindsey!)

Since I'm 4 days behind, I'll have to catch up.

Day 1: THE GOSPEL and all that it entails- I shudder to think where I'd be without it, but I know it wouldn't be pretty. Seriously.

Day 2: My FAMILY- My husband- I don't deserve him sometimes. My kids- They are the most beautiful creatures alive and even when I lose my patience with them, they love me unconditionally. They make me want to be better! My extended family- My parents, who are two of the best people I know and are the epitomy of service, my intelligent brothers whom I admire immensley, and my sisters who are my BEST FRIENDS- they know me better than myself. My inlaws- My California family that loves me like their own and my other BFF- my sister in law Shannon. I'd die without her! My nieces and nephews, cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, you name it- there is nothing better than Family.

Day 3: My HEALTH- My recent experience with the kidney stone was the closest I've ever felt to death (for real) and ever since then I'm not taking my health for granted (well, except when I'm eating a cupcake). There is nothing worse than feeling crummy.

Day 4: My washing machine and dryer: 'Cause who wants to go to a laundry mat?! The thought just occured to me as I threw in another load... how grateful I am for my trusty washer and dryer. They are faithful little workers despite my constant abuse and over working them. Sometimes when I am throwing in a load of clothes, I have a picture in my head of a poor pioneer woman rinsing her clothes in a creek. Bless her poor heart. Then I kiss my washing machine and go about my day.

Now I'm caught up!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm glad you liked it! I can't wait to read all the things you are thankful for! :)

shannon said...

Aww that is a cute idea, and we are so in love with you too, I am sure glad I didn't have any sisters, so I can devote all my time and energy to you! Your the bestest