Monday, December 13, 2010

4 months old!!!!

Our little Lily is 4 months old tomorrow. Despite her age, she was mistaken for a newborn at Target the other day. She is still a little thing but has an big mind! :) She is, hands down, my most alert baby. She watches her big brother and sister all day and takes it all in. When I'm nursing her, Scott will walk in the room and even though she can't see him, she hears the small footsteps and turns her head and smiles as big as she can. She is happy happy happy and Brent makes her laugh outloud. Having older siblings is SUCH a beautiful thing. I love watching Lily watch Brent and Sophie. There's nothing better!

I'm ready for life to start calming down a bit!!! School is wrapping up for me- it is finals week and this has been the hardest semester of my life. But I made it- and had a newborn in the process! :)
Spanish just about killed me....pero todavĂ­a estoy vivo!!!

Here are some pictures of the kids. Brent and Sophie are attached at the hip every day and have been playing so well together. Sophie is a crack up and is quite the bully with Brent (shouldn't it be the other way around?!) We are trying to teach Brent to speak up and stand up for himself. It's just not in his nature to be mean, yell, hit, or do anything remotely aggressive. We are worried that when he starts Kindergarten (even though he is still only 3) that the other kids will run all over him! It's so funny watching Scott try and teach Brent when it is acceptable to hit back. We tell him it's never ok to hit, but if another kid hits him then it's ok to yell, "DON'T TOUCH ME!!" or to shove the kid away. Survival skills 101. He'll thank us when he goes to Kindergarten. It's so interesting that we have to TEACH him to be aggressive. He's a gentle soul.

Sophie is starting dance in January and she is VERY excited. It is a ballet/tap combo class for 2 year olds. It'll be interesting to say the least... can't wait to see her in a leotard!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Katie said...

Sophie gets to start dance? I can't wait to see her strut her stuff!

Heather said...

Man your kids are so cute!! I love love the big ol' bow on Lily's head! I love how they can pull it off!