The verdict is in. I lost 3.8 pounds this week!
This is the point where I usually quit. I'm good at being good- but for one week only. When one week turns into two, and two turns into three, that's when I start getting ancy for my old friend Debbie- as in, Little Debbie.
However, I'm holding strong! I realize it will take 3 or 4 weeks for me to start seeing some actual results, so I refuse to throw in the towel.
Also, I woke up and ran- as in RAN- 2 miles yesterday. No lie. I must admit that to anyone watching me, it may have looked more like a walk with a bounce in it, but I'm calling it a slow jog. And when I woke up in the morning, I told myself "You WILL get your bum out of bed and you WILL go run 2 miles before your husband goes to work. AND YOU WILL NOT STOP." So I listened to my mind, threw back a Zipfizz (oh, zipfizz how I love thee), and did it. When I wanted to stop, I didn't. My thighs were screaming at me to quit and I ignored them. I can't wait to eventually turn those 2 miles into 3, then 3 into 4, and so on. The feeling you get after you run is better than the feeling after- do I dare say it- eating an oatmeal cream pie.
Here's to week 2!
Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You can do it!
YOU ROCK! I am so excited for you and hope I will eventually be able to run with you at some point :)
Way to go!! It ain't easy...I started eating better a couple of days ago and will start adding exercise this afternoon, so you are my inspiration to get my bum up and DO IT! :)
Post a Comment