Thursday, March 24, 2011

Love

Since this is my online journal (even though the rest of my friends and family read it), I just wanted to share some thoughts I've had lately.

I have had an overwhelming LOVE for my husband lately. We had a rough week last week; in fact, it was one of those "moments" that you always know could happen, yet hope won't. He is an independent consultant for insurance companies and does risk analysis. He has steadily worked for one main company that represents a group of insurance companies for the past ELEVEN YEARS!! He started working for them while he was in college and when he graduated and got his degree, he started working for them full time.

Last Tuesday, his "boss" (although not technically since he's self employed) broke him the news that they were basically a sinking ship. The insurance industry has now become the latest victim of the nasty economy, even though it took a while for it to trickle over to them. He told Scott how sorry he was, but they were doing everything they could not to go under themselves, and that they were letting all of their independent inspectors go.

I felt sick to my stomach. I felt sorry for us. I shed a few tears. Then, I felt an overwhelming since of peace because I had faith in my husband and I knew he would provide for us- even if that meant he had to use his college degree to flip burgers- he would do what he had to do.

Within 2 days, he managed to completely turn around our situation. He was essentially "laid off" on Tuesday- by Wednesday morning he picked up a contracting gig with a company based out of New York, and by Thursday, he had an interview with one of the largest risk analysis companies that is based out of Orange County. Monday morning they called and officially extended him the offer to be a consultant for them.

The weekend before all of this happened, we went to the temple in San Diego. It was the best day, and as we were sitting in the session, I looked across the room and Scott just as he was looking at me, and smiled. I was OVERWHELMED with love for him at that moment, which almost brought tears to my eyes. There is NO greater feeling, than sitting in the temple with your spouse, and to feel that love (after almost 6 years) and have Heavenly Father reconfirm everything you already knew. Really, there's nothing better. Looking back, I'm so grateful I had that experience the weekend before we had this small trial. I feel like it was Heavenly Father preparing me; gently reminding me- "Don't forget, you LOVE this guy, no matter what happens!" And sure enough, when we were semi-unemployed for a few days, I felt nothing but love for him.

So I know this is a bit sappy, but I'm just feeling thankful today. Thankful for a husband who honors his Priesthood, who is a hard worker, and who loves me and our kids above all else.

Here's hoping we don't have any more employment bumps or hurdles!! :) Smooth sailing for the next 11 years would be JUST fine for me!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I have an overwhelming sense of love for Scottie too. Matter of fact, last night I called you but you were at school (which I seem to always forget) and so I was talking to Scottie for a second. Bob walked in and asked who I was talking too, and my reply was, "My boyfriend." Bob immediately said, "Oh, Scott?"

Jill said...

I am glad there was a happy ending to the story...do you have an official move date yet?