Wednesday, March 09, 2011

This Week..

I had my little weigh in this morning and lost another 2.3 lbs this week.

Total so far: 6.1 lbs. Not too shabby for 2 weeks!

I went running bright and early this morning and thought I would die. I'm not sure if that was because it was hotter today than usual, or what. Monday, I ran/walked over 4 miles with some girls from church and could have kept going. Today, I could BARELY run a mile without feeling like I was going to die. Any runners know what the deal is with that? I guess until I am in better shape, my energy will come in waves! I'm not very patient. I just want to be able to have energy and the endurance to magically run without tiring! That won't happen though until I get some more weight off!

I love it that my kids look at me every morning and say "You going to exercise, Mommy??" I hope that I'm instilling in them the importance of being active. Now I just need to get my darn body to reflect the fact that I am active!

Here's to patience!

1 comment:

Em said...

Going purely off my experience here running with lady Morgan...

When you ran the mile today were you by yourself? If I recall correctly, you are certainly a social runner. Going 'round and 'round that AMC track watching you stop to walk if Josie stopped to walk, picking up your pace again when she did...

I would venture to say that the 4 miles with friends was easy b/c you were distracted and engaged. Doing it alone can make it much more miserable until you really have it down. ;o)

Keep up the hard work, Cookie Sprinkles. It'll get easier as the baby weight starts to melt. Nursing bosoms and running are not all that fabulous either.