Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Hodge Podge

I haven't put up pictures in a while (because most of them are taken on my phone) so I have a bunch of random pics from the past few weeks!

San Diego Childrens Museum- The drive down to the museum was pretty funny. We live maybe an hour from downtown San Diego. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my husband and he has MANY good qualities; however, navigation sometimes is not his strength. I think because of his job, he is constantly driving in downtown Los Angeles and having to find different restaurants, apartment buildings, and other commercial buildings to inspect, that by the time he hits the weekend, he is BURNED out of navigating! So we PASS downtown San Diego and we are DRIVING, DRIVING, DRIVING, and eventually I turned to him and said "Ummm...are you sure we haven't passed it??" He confidently said "Nope- I haven't seen the exit." I kept my mouth shut like a trusting wife should, and we drove some more. Finally I couldn't take it any longer. WE WERE PRACTICALLY IN TIJUANA before he finally decided we should turn around. I said, "Yeah.....I'm PRETTY sure the SAN DIEGO children's museum is not in Mexico...." We were meeting his family there and they were all wondering where in the world we were. We finally get there and his brother and sister and their families were all waiting for us in a parking lot. What do we do? Drive RIGHT past the parking lot and get lost, yet again. Scott's brother finally called and said "Where are you guys going?! We just watched you drive right past us!" By the time we finally pulled in the parking lot, Shannon and Trevor (Scott's brother and sister) were waving their arms up and down as sarcastically as they could and were literally pointing into the parking space (like the people do at airports to direct planes to the gates). It made for some good laughs. Long story short, we made it and had fun.

Writing on the chalkboards

Photobucket

Rock Climbing

Photobucket

Look at Sophie go!!

Photobucket

Brent soaking up attention from Uncle Trevor after he was pouting about who knows what!

Photobucket

Sophie playing with dinosaurs

Photobucket

Lily was there too- spitting up all over the floors of the San Diego Children's museum. If I could put a caption on this picture, I'm sure I was saying something like "Brent James Crabtree! We paid alot of money for you to be here- you will go play and you WILL LIKE IT!"

Photobucket

SANTA ROSA PLATEAU-

this is my new favorite place! This was our second time to go hiking there and I want to go at least once a month. I grew up constantly hiking and camping and I want to make sure my kids have those experiences.

It's close to our house and the Park Ranger told us that on a clear day, you can see the ocean. There is also perfect views of the snow capped mountains too. The perfect combination.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Katie said...

what a fun children's museum! sophie is getting so big!

Em said...

Those kids! They are SO CUTE! I want to squeeze them. You are doing some great work, momma.

Jill said...

I love the pictures of Brent & Sophie with their arms around each other...too cute!