Friday, May 20, 2011

Aye Aye, Captain!

There is a new show on the Disney Channel called "Jake and the Neverland Pirates". Brent loves pirates, so needless to say, he is in love with this show. It cracks me up because he and Sophie reenact parts of the show and are constantly playing "pirates" throughout the day. Brent will pretend like he's looking at a map and a telescope and will tell Sophie which direction they need to go. She will respond by saying, "Aye Aye, Cap'n". It's one of the cutest things ever.

We are ALMOST settled in our house. My good friend and old roomate, Jessica, came to visit for a few days and she forced me to put away more things than I was wanting to. She also scrubbed bathtubs, cleaned blinds, changed diapers, fed Lily, and cleaned bathroom sinks. It was good to have someone crack the whip and make me go through boxes. We're getting there- slowly but surely! Scott has been in heaven mowing the lawn, fixing sprinklers, fertilizing the yard, and doing all the other manly things that come with having your own home. And I'm in love with not having to run up and down stairs 25,000 times a day! I love having a one story!

Scott surprised me today by telling me that he booked us a hotel room down in San Diego overlooking the marina next weekend for our anniversary. 6 years! We were talking about what we wanted to do and we both agreed all we want to do is draw the drapes, sleep in (until at LEAST 8- we're crazy like that), and see movies. I'm excited.

And one last thing, I have to write it down before I forget. Sophie says the funniest things. She said the prayer tonight and here is what she said (in her 2 year old language):

"Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank for this day,
We played piano,
We read scriptures,
We ate dinner,
We drank milk, we ate tacos and rice and oranges, but we didn't get any brownies.
In the name of Jesus Christ,
AMEN."

Scott and I got quite the laugh out of that. Despite a raging case of the terrible 2's, she makes me realize what a fun age she is at.

Pictures coming soon.

Oh, and my little Lily is 9 months old?!?!?!?! She's getting to be an "older baby". How does this keep happening?!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Get that Sophie some brownies! Mean parents.

Jill said...

Ethan loves that show, too. Very cute prayer :)