Monday, August 08, 2011

Just What I Needed...


Today was a particularly tedious day for me, I'm not quite sure why. It seems like the second my eyes open, a miniature person is barking demands at me.

Starting at 7:00 am today:

"I need breakfast."

"I want cereal."

After I pour a bowl of cereal......

.....wailing begins. "NOOOOOOOO. I don't want cereal! I want yogurt!"

"I need Max and Ruby."

"I pooped!! Come wipe my bum!"

"I can't find my buzz lightyear. MOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM where is BUZZ!!!?"

"Sophie won't stop looking at me!"

Thinking to myself..."I smell poop. Who pooped? Where is the poop smell coming from??"

Just then I look at Lily, grinning under my feet.

Off to the changing table I go, only to find the poop explosion of the century (the kind that requires us BOTH to get in the bathtub).

And this was all before 7:45 a.m.

Some days I can roll with the punches. Then some days, I'm exhausted at the thought of it all. I want to hide in my closet and let my kids tear apart the house; I want to give up! I get tired of breaking up fights, tired of trying to be patient, tired of the constant guilt trip that I feel 75% of the time.

When I feel like this, I know its because I'm not doing what I should be doing. I needed some peace today, so I reached over to my scriptures, and randomly opened them up.

I just so happened to open to D&C 64. I read verses 33-34 and I felt an immediate surge of peace rush over me. The tears came and I realized what it is that I am doing (or attempting to do) day in, and day out.

"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great. Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind..."

How cool is that?! I felt like Heavenly Father was talking STRAIGHT to me, saying: "Hey, Morgan! Take a chill pill! So you have to change poopy diapers and break up fights, big deal! You are laying a foundation- an eternal foundation- for these kids. So buck up and carry on!"

And that's just what I intend to do for the rest of the day.



3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Thank you. I needed that.

Heather said...

Seriously-I needed that and it brought tears to my eyes! Also, I am so glad I am not the only one who has days like this!!

Katie said...

Wow. What a neat thing...and a good reminder! I need to read that every morning when I wake up!