Monday, August 22, 2011

Yellowstone


We had the most wonderful trip to Yellowstone. I have so many pictures, so I will break this up into 3 different posts.

We'll start at the beginning....

DAY 1:

We woke up bright and early and headed to American Fork to stay with my brother. We didn't get there until about 7:00 pm. There was just enough daylight for my kids to play in their gorgeous backyard (seriously, everything seems greener and more lush in Utah- it's gorgeous in the summer).

The next morning Scott and I loaded up the kids and left before my brother and his family so that we could go see my grandparents for a bit. We drove up to North Ogden and I didn't want to leave their house! It was so heart warming to see my kids with my grandparents; it's those sweet moments that you get a glimpse of eternity.

Photobucket

Grandma I'm SORRY I GOT A PICTURE WITH YOUR EYES HALF SHUT!! But it's the only one I got, so I'm still posting it!! ;)

Photobucket

The view from their deck- gorgeous!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also got to visit my Aunt Melanie and her husband Brent- it was so fun to see them, too!

Afterwards we were back on the road and headed to Big Sky, Montana.

Luckily my kids LOVE the car. Strange, I know!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even Lily was happy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

After we hit Ashton, ID, it started to get REALLY gorgeous.. we followed my brother the entire way. Its always fun to caravan!

Photobucket

We finally made it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ty and Scott figuring out our next stop

Photobucket

This is what it looked like right after we entered the park gates. GORGEOUS.

Photobucket

Madison Ranger Station

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was anxious to make our way to our cabin so that I could see my sister Lauren and her family. She drove up from Soda Springs, ID and met us in Big Sky.

Big Sky was about 45 min northwest (I think?) from the West Entrance of Yellowstone- a GORGEOUS 45 minute drive, I must add!

Here was the cabin we stayed at; right across from the gorgeous Gallatin River where people were fly fishing every morning.

Photobucket

Just another view from the side of the cabin (ignore my sweet mini van)

Photobucket

Day 2: to be continued!

2 comments:

shannon said...

That looks so fun and beautiful. I look forward to taking trips like this in the future!

Jill said...

Looks like a good trip so far...happy kids and beautiful scenery!