Monday, August 29, 2011
School!!!
Sophie and Brent started their preschool co-op today. Sophie was SO excited! They were gone from 8:30 to 11:30 today and I'm not gonna lie- it was NICE. As Scott was leaving for work this morning he said: "Use your time wisely!" Dang, he knows me too well! While it was tempting to watch some shows on the DVR and actually SIT DOWN and eat my breakfast, I resisted the urge and got things accomplished (am I the only one that doesn't get to sit down all day? I have to shovel breakfast in my mouth while I'm leaning over the counter, all while a baby is pulling on my leg and the older two are asking for 2,000,000 things)
It's amazing what you can get done in 3 hours. Floors mopped, house dusted, microwave and stove cleaned, floors vaccumed, kids rooms cleaned, etc. After school, Brent went straight to speech, then we came home, ate lunch, and now everyone is worn out and napping and here I finally sit.
Sophie has told me at LEAST 10 times since we've been home, "Mommy, that was SO much fun!" I looked at her, nodded my head in agreement- if only she knew JUST how true that statement was! :)
Dance starts back up tomorrow for Sophie. It feels GOOD to be back in a routine. Those lazy summer days are only fun for so long!
Now if only the 110 degree weather would GO AWAY, I'd have not a thing to complain about!
P.S. Remember Toby, our new dog? Yeah............that didn't exactly work out. Stop laughing, for all of you that are laughing. He went back to the breeder after 4 days (for a full refund, might I add). He is now happily living with a couple that have no children. Scott and I agreed the only pet we will get in the future will be a fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am a huge advocate for getting dogs that are already house-trained and used to children. If you still want a dog go to petfinder.com and you can specify that you only want to see ones who are trained!
Just in case you change your mind. ;)
Glad to hear that school was such a big hit.
I am with you on the pet policy...right now I am fine with a fish (if anything at all).
Love that Soph loved school! I thought about her all morning yesterday! Your an amazing mother and wife, just thought I would tell you, you deserve to sit down and indulge in some DVR when the kids go to school every so often! Better while they are gone than when they are home!
Post a Comment